Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by Kaylablucky88: Grand Bahamas NoGO!

Kaylablucky88
Member Since 2010

Grand Bahamas NoGO!

Sail Date: December 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

My boyfriend and I took a cruise to the Bahamas in January 2010 to Nassau,Bahamas with Celebration Cruise line! We loved it so much that we booked another cruise almost immediately for this December. To be honest we just got back from our cruise this morning and I had to post this so that others would be warned.

They have changed their port and it seems that they are making it harder for people to get to the port of palm beach. Luckily, we only live about 2 hrs away from the port so it wasn't a problem with us. BUT it was a waste of gas to have to drive an hour out of the way to get our cruise voucher(which only took 5 mins at most).

We love the ship but Grand Bahamas Island is a rip off!! If you don't want to spend your whole day at the hotel I would not suggest you go on this trip for the island. We decided to spend a little of money and go on the city tour of Grand Bahamas Island. I would not recommend ANYONE do this tour. We didn't need to take any pictures More because the tour took us to the ghetto, industrious areas. What is described in pamphlets as "millionaire's row" is nothing but a couple of half way decent houses placed in the ghetto. There were no historical buildings, nothing worth remembering..mostly gas companies, wreck yards, and liquor stores.

We were VERY disappointed in the island because we had gone to Nassau in our previous trip. If you go to any of the island go to Nassau..Grand Bahamas is FAR FAR past disappointing.

As for the ship. It seems that they have taken a lot of complaints into considerations. This cruise ship is a very very good value. The entertainment is very good, the food is GREAT and the people on the boat are fantastic! Luckily we had the cruise to bring our spirits up after a horrible waste of money on Grand Bahamas island. Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration

Great view-for the cabin's that actually have windows. If you are a couple you HAVE to request or pay more for a double or Queen bed(my boyfriend and I made that mistake the first time-they give you two twin size bunk beds). We upgraded to a queen bed and our room came with a satellite TV and a nice sized room. Hallway was, at some times, very noisy during the night.

Don't expect to be able to just walk off the ship and walk around the city. This port is a ship yard. It costs 27$ just to get to Port Lucaya via Taxi.

Read 775 Freeport Reviews