Balmoral 4

“Nervous, Amazed, Joyous, Elated.”
Cruise review of Fred. Olsen Balmoral

Sheila Varnam

Overall Member Rating

Balmoral! Where do I begin,!? My husband and I had never done a cruise till this one.We had booked another one due to sail with another company in August,but had to cancel due to Trev my husband having suffered a heart attack.Once we got the all clear for Trev we booked Balmoral,we were not dissapointed.

I had always wanted to cruise but nerves always got in the way,now we were to taste the water (so to speak )!

When the day arrived I stood at the gangway as Trev said to me look at Balmoral she will be your home for the next 22 days,I was shocked at her size,speechless and motionless for quite a few moments until I caught my breath ,Nervous very,Amazed Totally but once I embarked Balmoral I knew she would keep me safe.She was warm inviting and very very elegant.She gave Trev and I a joyous time sailing and when our cruise was over we were elated with the complete experience.

The Crew were second to none our cabin was kept spotless every day,the food was More excellent ,the entertainment fantastic ,and the other cruisers who were all more experienced than us were truly nice people.We did have a fellow cruiser who had to airlifted off Balmoral due to the fact this chap was ill,we also lost an engine which to be quite honest didnt make a lot of difference to us as we had everything on Balmoral that you could want,ok we did miss 2 ports of call but at the end of the day it is not the end of the world.We are saving as fast as we can to get booking our second cruise on Balmoral.ROLL ON . Less

Balmoral Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Superior Outside

B8033
We liked our cabin very much,we did want a balcony one but, it was quite a last minute booking so pleased with what we got.nice size always clean but hope to get a balcony one next cruise.no complaints at all.

We have been to Gib a few times before so nothing much to say really ,but we really went on a cruise for THE CRUISE. All the other ports we got off Balmoral had a walk around ,enjoyed everywhere we went and loved what we seen.All the ports we would give 3/4 rating

Published 12/14/10

Read Cruise Critic's Balmoral Review

Balmoral Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?