Balmoral Cruise Review by Sheila Varnam

Cruise Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Dover
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: B
See More About: Balmoral Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Fred. Olsen Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Balmoral Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Balmoral Deck Plans
Nervous, Amazed, Joyous, Elated.
Balmoral! Where do I begin,!? My husband and I had never done a cruise till this one.We had booked another one due to sail with another company in August,but had to cancel due to Trev my husband having suffered a heart attack.Once we got the all clear for Trev we booked Balmoral,we were not dissapointed.

I had always wanted to cruise but nerves always got in the way,now we were to taste the water (so to speak )!

When the day arrived I stood at the gangway as Trev said to me look at Balmoral she will be your home for the next 22 days,I was shocked at her size,speechless and motionless for quite a few moments until I caught my breath ,Nervous very,Amazed Totally but once I embarked Balmoral I knew she would keep me safe.She was warm inviting and very very elegant.She gave Trev and I a joyous time sailing and when our cruise was over we were elated with the complete experience.

The Crew were second to none our cabin was kept spotless every day,the food was excellent ,the entertainment fantastic ,and the other cruisers who were all more experienced than us were truly nice people.We did have a fellow cruiser who had to airlifted off Balmoral due to the fact this chap was ill,we also lost an engine which to be quite honest didnt make a lot of difference to us as we had everything on Balmoral that you could want,ok we did miss 2 ports of call but at the end of the day it is not the end of the world.We are saving as fast as we can to get booking our second cruise on Balmoral.ROLL ON .

Publication Date: 12/14/10