Westerdam Cruise Review by WMG/JMG: Cruise from Hell

0 Post

Compare Prices on Westerdam Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cruise from Hell

Sail Date: November 2010

My wife arrived in Ft. Laurdaerdale from Des Moines, Iowa on Thanksgiving Day. We atyed at the Renaissance Hotel which is right across the street from the cruise terminal. Very nice hotel and they offered a shuttle to the pier for a cost of $8 per person. rrived at the pier at 11:00, checked in OK and was onboard by 11:45.

Since we can not go to our cabins until 1:30, we were all sent to the Lido Restaurant for lunch. What a disaster. For precautionary purposes, only the staff can put food on your plate and provide you with drinks. This caused massive lines and people cutting in and out of line to make this miserable. This went on for the 1st 48 hours of the cruise. By the time you got tyour drink, your food was cold. Food was tasteless and not too much of a selection. Holland America provides food with lots of starch and the food selection is the same every day with a few minor differences. Good luck in finding a table. There is definitely not enough tables in the Lido. More

SAIL AWAY Must be no big deal according to Holland America. No music by pool side.

DINNER IN MAIN DINING ROOM Very diorganized and understaffed. Our waiter has 7 tables to service. We had 2nd dining at 8 PM. Glasses were never refilled with water and service was very slow.

ROOM ATTENDANT I was walking back to my cabin one morning and overheard my room attendant using foul language when the captain made an announcement over the intercom. He was cussing and swearing and I am surprised other guess did not overhear his fowl mouth.

FRONT DESK. Hard to understand and did nothing about anything

CRUISE DIRECTOR Only time you saw him was before and after the show. Not very friendly towards the guests.

BAR ATTENDANTS One bar attendant refused to get me a Coke. He was puhing the specialty drink of the day. I ended up going to another bar and getting the drink myself.

EXCURSION My wife and I did was one excursion in San Juan. We did the city tour. Not worth the price they charged. Could have it done cheaper on our own with a local driver.

This will definitely be my last cruise with Holland America. My wife and I have taken 10 cruises with Holland Amereica before and this has to be one of the worst cruise experience. Less

Read more Westerdam cruise reviews >>