Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Afrikana

Member Name: Afrikana
Cruise Date: November 2010
Cabin Category: C2

My Birthday Cruise Vacation Pros and Cons
It is always good to go see for yourself...1st of all the ship is beautiful, it is big but very easy to get around.

Embark and Disembark was a breeze, although getting off the ship had thousand of people because many of us seem to wait for the last moment, I was surprise by how fast I got through custom and on the bus transfer back to the airport...Embark was about 5-10 minutes and the Disembark was around 15-20 minutes.

The shows are great, make sure to pre-register for whatever shows you would like to see before you go. I saw all of shows, Hairspray and Headliner with Tony Tillman were two of my favorite, the other shows was nice, but the comedy show was just OK. Tony Tillman who played in the Headliner show was much funnier than those two comedian put together.

The food was good...so many people come on the ship thinking windjammer is the only complimentary place to eat...when this ship have over 12-13 complimentary places people can eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and even snack, You will get a Restaurant and Dining Guide when you 1st arrive use it...I dine at all the restaurants and never had to wait on a table as they say early birds always get the good worms...so if you go early you will not have any problem in finding a table.

They are two outlets on the right hand side of the desk with the mirror where you have very easy access to plug in any appliance.

The Heat Wave live band was great...the only problem was Royal Caribbean cancelled their performance twice due to the weather on the last day, which I felt they should have bring them inside to play in the Royal Promenade instead of not letting them play.

The staff was all nice to me, I had no problem with anyone of them.

Labadee Haiti was the 1st stop on this trip itinerary, and it was nice to see how RC fix this place up so nicely...the only problem they have to work on adding sand on the lowly part of the beach, but further up the beach was nice. The biggest improvement for me was the Haitian not harassing people so much anymore, because they are now in open space like little shops and not in this one covered market, so that was a wonderful improvement for me, I was able to just go to their little stores on each side of the road and check out what they had...if you don't want to walk you can catch a free tramp up to the shopping area...RC really did a great job and I like that everyone didn't have to be crowded at one location to get their lunch...they had several areas with food and drink for everyone...what a nice improvement...I felt this was my best location out of all 3 stops.

Cozumel my 2ND stop, it was OK, cold, rainy and windy the location Oasis dock. To really enjoy Cozumel you will have to at least get to downtown by taxi (it's about a 5min ride) or walk (it's about 45min), staying around the International Pier don't have much to see nor do, just several little shops.

Costa Maya was my last stop...I was expecting the worse here because most people act like this place had nothing to see nor do, but I was surprise when I got there it was much better than Cozumel International Pier...1st of all they had a swim up bar the biggest I have ever seen, but no one was in it, it was to chilly, they had kids swimming with dolphin, I was expecting only 2 little small shops and was surprise when I saw over 25 shops...this place was OK, not as bad as people say it would be.

I guess with this Labadee and Costa Maya you are just stuck in that small space and cant really venture outside of there, which in Cozumel you can go from that International Pier area and see more and do things.

Publication Date: 12/14/10