Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by skgsauny

Carnival Destiny
Member Name: skgsauny
Cruise Date: December 2010
Cabin Category: 4E
See More About: Carnival Destiny Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Carnival Destiny Singles Cruise
This is my 3rd cruise with Carnival and first cruise on Carnival Destiny. It was 4 of us who went (2 males & 2 females). We weren't coupled off, but we were all friends.

We arrived at Miami Airport at around 12:45 pm on Saturday and took a taxi to the port. The taxi was $26 one-way and we arrived at the port around 1:30pm. We filled out the funpass online, so it took us about 30-45 minutes to actually get on the ship. After getting on the ship, we ate lunch.

The entertainment on this cruise ship was ok. It didn't seem like there was much to do compared to the other ships I've been on. Overall, we pretty much did the same things each day (Karaoke, disco, deck party, vegas-style show, comedy show). What I enjoyed the most was the Liar's Club. It was comedy style and very hilarious. You don't want to miss it.

Ports

We went to Ocho Rios, Jamaica on Monday. I booked a tour with Courtney Taylor and he was great. We walked the Dunn's River Falls, toured the Island, went to the beach, ate, and went to the Blue Hole. The tour was only $40. I would highly recommend him.

We went to the Grand Cayman Islands on Tuesday. I didn't book a tour for the Grand Caymans, but we took a taxi downtown for $5 and walked around downtown. Both ports were very beautiful and well worth the trip.

Stateroom/Ship Service

We stayed on the Empress deck. Our stateroom was small and the shower curtain didn't cover the entire shower. Our stateroom stewart was very nice. He usually kept our room clean. However, we needed some additional wash cloths and our stateroom stewart was off duty. We tried to call room service and guest services but the lines were always busy. We tried calling for at least 30 minutes, but the lines were still busy so I ended up using a hand towel to wash. The service on this ship was poor compared to other ships I have cruised on. The line to guest services was always long and you could never get them on the phone.

The dining room service was great. We were in the Universe Dining Room on the upper level, table #519. Our servers were Wauya (Wei) and Tee (I forgot his real name). They were great!!! They kept our drinks full and remembered our favorites from each day. They entertained us very well and we were pleased with their service every evening.

Some of the buffet lines on the Lido deck were long, but the food tasted good. However, we ate breakfast in the dining room most of the cruise and the food was very good.

I would definitely cruise on Carnival again, but probably not on this ship.

Publication Date: 12/14/10