MSC Poesia Cruise Review by tiki_hut_man03036: Pleasant Surprise

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Pleasant Surprise

Sail Date: December 2010

Embarkation: A bit chaotic, but we arrived early and were on board and in our room by 12:30. Lunch was ready!

Cabin: A wonderful balcony cabin at the front of the ship that was spotless, functional and in like new condition. Always kept fresh and clean by an invisible cabin attendant. Soap and shampoo were supplied and the products smelled great and were always replensished. The room climate control was great. The refrigerator and TV were great.

Ports:

St. Thomas: Did the Pirate Ship to Turtle Cove. It was wonderful and the snorkeling was great. Awesome turtles and fish. The tour guide swam with us and pointed out creatures of interest. He was great.

St. marteen: Took the Rhino Rider tour. It was fantastic. The guide was very friendly and the tour is wonderful.

Nassau: I am not a fan of this cruise ship parking lot. Just shopped around a bit and went back to the boat.

Dining: I traveled with my 14 yo son. Originall got a table of More 6. IWe wanted to be alone. I was easily transferred to a table of 2 and we were very well cared for by the staff. The food was excellent. The staff are very kind.

We had 2nd seating which was wonderful. Originally, I wanted 1st seating, but am very happy I kept 2nd seating. This allows you to go to the show before dinner.

Shows: We sat in the front row every night and the shows were excellent. One evening was an opera evening which neither of us enjoy. Therefore we left and did another pre-dinner activity. There is always music playing in various places.

Pools and Spa: the pools were beautiful and clean. No problem getting chairs. The chairs are great with built in sun visors. The spa is very nice with seam room, saunas, exercise and hot tubs.

Disembarkation: Very simple and organized.

I highly recommend MSC cruise line. I thought RCCL was my favorite, but I would not hesitate to take another MSC cruise. We had a wonderful experience all the way around. I must admit, I was skeptical and nervous about choosing this cruise line. The moment I saw the boat and set foot on it, I was pleasnatly surprised and everything was great. I read so many reviews beforehand and they were all so different. Honestly, the european flair is great. The language barrier is non-existant. As a matter of fact, it is fascinating when the cruise director speaks fluently in so many languages. There is not an abundance of annouoncements. There is no constant nagging to sells drinks and glasses and art, et. You are left alone to enjoy the ship and relax.. There is ample staff on board and available whenever you need something. Less

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>