Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by terry35: Liberty I think Not

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Liberty I think Not

Sail Date: November 2010

Having sailed 5 times this was our least favorite cruise for sure:

Glory last year made us Carnival fans when you factor in the value proposition

Cabin: Suite OS was excellent and well worth a little extra but not necessary for just the 2 of us. Storage places and bath were great and the same as our Glory JS Suite. Ning our attendant was the best ever and while never seen always had out suite well maintained etc Worth the few extra Dollars we gave her.

Food:Awful overall. Buffet food was cold all the time. The food looked like it had been hot at one time then cooled down as sauces were gelled on the food?

Your time dining did not work for us as we missed the personalized touches from a dedicated team

Wait Staff: Had the worse experience the first night and even Constantine the Maitre' D could not sort out the head waiter. This was confirmed by 3 other couples in his area. My wife walked out without eating her main course!

Food More Again: The serving trays under the buffet food had no sign of heat and I cannot figure how a cheap Chinese buffet manages to keep food hot why not a ship! By the way Dining staff Kamlesh and Lils were much better the other nights but still not up to set time standards when you have a good team

Ports: Fantastic except St Thomas that is all about duty free and jewelery. Just discovered that the benefit is mostly for Americans who can double their allowance buying in St Thomas. Prices: Nikon Camera lens was same as retail in Canada?

Entertainment: Standard fare overall. Lido was bad as there was little live music on port departures. This is always our favorite for mood setting. Janet Jackson 2 hours of sweat and bouncing around enough already!

Lido Duo: two guys with zero personality? Never once tried to interact with the holiday makers. Yes were were on Holiday guys!!!!!!

Ent Staff: Tod was great and first CD I have heard that could sing and a very approachable. Needs to review activities as they could be better on Lido deck.

Gen Staff: Not the best due to attitudes. Lido bar staff are great but then they have to be as the bar revenue is a big deal

Drink Special were $1 off hardly a bargain especially for rum that is so cheap in the Caribbean!

Surprise: one night in the lounge drinks were free but certainly not well publicised as I heard people later complaining they missed it! wise move Liberty!

Booking: We used Carnival direct and Gregory Liaws is the best ever to deal with. Very attentive, nothing is a bother for him and his follow up is great.

My 5 Cruise ratings out of 10: Liberty 5, Glory 8, RCI 7.5& 8, Princess 7

Liberty has me second guessing Carnival even with the value proposition they offer. Maybe RCI will get our custom next time? Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Suite Empress 7249

7249 OS spacious and clean. Love the amount of storage and having a bath with glass sliders even for showers makes it roomy and clean. Location is forward SB and seemed quite smooth. Hallways were quiet most of the time except when the inside cabin crowd were leaving. I assume a lot of people per cabin or a big group that new each other! Balcony while nice I would look at the value as we did not spend any real time out there. I guess if you were a book reader and wanted privacy the value would be there?