Carnival Valor Cruise Review by tuscandream

16+ 5.0
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Thanksgiving Cruise
We drove from Pennsylvania to Florida. We stayed with my Uncle in Palm coast for a night prior to our trip. The night before our cruise we got a hotel in Doral Florida we stayed at Hampton Inn. Very nice hotel. We got 2 rooms since my kids each brought a friend along. The hotel was about 20 minutes away from the pier of Miami. We arrived at the pier around 10:15 we were told that embarkation was delayed. There were no major lines at that time, we boarded the boat within 4 minutes. The Valor is a beautiful ship.

Food

We did head up to Rosies for some lunch. They do have a burrito bar, deli station, fish and chips and mongolian grill. I did try the burrito bar, my son loved the deli. My husband tried the fish and chips and felt the fish was a bit greasy. The food on the buffet was good, alot of variety.

We did try the steakhouse it was very good, very nice romantic evening. I had the surf and turf, husband had I believe Prime Rib which he loves rare however it was cooked on the grill and he didn't care for it. But I loved my filet and lobster. We had early dinner in the lincoln dinning room. Food was very good, however the service in the dining room was not exceptional. It appeared they cut back staff in dining room and maybe assigned more tables to the waiters. I realize they are trying to serve alot of people at once so we just went with the flow. This by any means didn't ruin our trip, just something I observed and compaired to other cruises.

The shows were good, had a great magician and Scotty K the comedian was hilarious.

Itinerary

When we boarded we were given a paper saying they were rotating the itinerary (switching Roatan/Cozumel)I was stressed about this since I booked 2 excursions thru island marketing and had to notify them of the change. I did get thru to them by going to the internet cafe. Not a problem, however it was a little pricey in the internet cafe. We were to go to Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. Due to a medical emergency we had to drop a passenger off in Mexico for medical attention. So they replaced Grand Cayman with Costa Maya. We did an all inclusive excursion to a beach which included unlimited drinks, beach chair. We had a ball, the drinks were great, the weather was hot and gorgeous all week. Mid to high 80's all week. Cozumel was our next port we also booked Nochi Cocum via island marketing tours, this too was an all inclusive beach day. I highly recommend this excursion. Beautiful beach, nice pool with a swim up bar, unlimited drinks, they serve a great lunch which is included and you also got a beach chair.The kids did some snorkeling saw some great fish and a small stingray. Great beach day. Next was Belize, we again booked thru island marketing we did Goff's Caye snorkel beach break. This is a great excursion they take you to a 1.3 acre island in the middle of the ocean, the water was beautiful the tour guys were fantastic. They took you snorkeling out by the reef saw some great fish and marine life. Roatan was my favorite ports did west bay beach break thru island marketing. Another great excursion.

Ship

The ship was spotless, the staff was always hard at work keeping everything clean. I thought the staff was great very friendly, our room steward Mani was outstanding did a great job keeping our room tidy. We had 2 inside cabins on deck 8. Great location

Overall we had a great week, loved the valor food was great, weather was outstanding we couldn't have asked for a better trip. The kids had a great time, the itinerary was great and I am already looking to plan my next cruise next year.

Publication Date: 12/13/10