Norwegian Epic 3

“A vacation is what you make of it...”
Cruise review of Norwegian Epic

Lmurphy25
Member Since 2010

Overall Member Rating

We left two days after Thanksgiving on this cruise we had planned for 6 months.

I love cruising and we as a family will do it again but I don't think NCL is for us.

Getting on the ship was a complete breeze. Extremely organized. We thought when we entered the ship the kids staff employees would be there or someone passing out a cocktail but nothing. The other ships we were on had this. It was nice right away to get that special hello.

We then looked around the ship. It is beautiful and clean.

We found our room and it was ready so we put the things in the room changed to our bathing suits and went to pool area.

We ordered a few drinks and then a pool waiter approached us ans said that we could order a bottle of Vodka. Since the drinks were very pricey for the small glass we thought it was a good idea. I asked three times if all mixers were included with the purchase of bottle. Was told ABSOLUTELY. He said all you would have to do is More tell the waitstaff/bartender what our room was and they could see we purchased a bottle. Long story short...the second day we were told mixers were not included. ONLY THE FIRST DAY. So had to complain but it was aggravating to have to debate the bartender.

Little glitch so it did not ruin it. Really nothing can ruin a cruise completely. The shows were wonderful. Blue MAN was exactly the same show in Boston which is wonderful. Legends was great. Did not like the way Bingo was set up. I like it in the main comfortable auditorium. Not the bar like atmosphere they had it set up in. Not to mention they did it so quickly and did not give any gifts away (little things) to patrons as they have on other ships I have sailed.

We went to the Cirque show which on line 45 days prior I booked for $20.00 a person for premium seating. Went to the show and when I got back I saw charge on TV for $30.00 a person. I called and all they said was it was subject to change. Pretty much too bad. Thought it was in bad taste and they should tell people before charging more money.

ALSO..beware if you need to cancel anything good luck in getting in touch with box office to cancel. THEY are never working. Called three times to cancel a breakfast and could not get anyone. YET you only have 24 hours to cancel. Not great business.

The worse and final thing was the food that was a no charge. IT WAS terrible. Nothing special. The wait staff always seemed annoyed and the food was slow to come out. Never anything like Escargot or things you do not eat very often. AGAIN..on other ships this has been included in past. So, as i said from the beginning a cruise is what you make of it and we wanted to make it fun so we ended up going to Specialty Restaurants many nights. THEY were great food and what you expect on a ship BUT you had to pay extra. I find this very hard to except.You should have good food on a cruise and this was not the case AT ALL.

You pay a lot for a cruise and you should not be nickel and dimed for every little item.

I will go back to Royal or Celebrity for sure. Less

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Family Balcony

B4
Great clean room. No complaints.

Port
Great Port.

Read 1062 Miami Reviews

Published 12/09/10

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review

Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?