Crown Princess Cruise Review by RoePost

Member Name: RoePost
Cruise Date: November 2010
Cabin Category: BD
Cabin Number: b414
See More About: Crown Princess Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

Crown Princess Nov 27-Dec4
We are a couple of empty nesters who love to cruise on Princess. We are both Platinum members and I am a Elite member due to the Commodore TA program. We have been on Crown Princess before and enjoy the ship..still in great shape.

I must say that the highlight of the cruise was the Cruise Director, Ron Goodman. He is especially good at what he does and makes every effort to meet the passengers every day...he is everywhere on the ship and ready to speak with everyone anytime....He is my favorite CD.

Also on this cruise was a very talented piano entertainer named Eric Stone..We have been entertained by him before and when I noticed his name on the crooners Lounge..I was ecstatic...If you can't have Bert Stratton on your cruise,then this is your next best pick although they are totally different styles.

A new surprise on Princess is something called the Pop Choir..it was a group of passengers who volunteer to sing pop hits at a small show in the Piazza towards the end of the cruise. During the cruise they rehearse 3 or 4 times for about an hour of so. It was a great show and next cruise I am planning on joining that choir. It was directed by Ryan, the Asst. Cruise Director, also one of my favorite crew members who does a great job.

We ate breakfast and lunch at the Horizon Court everyday and Dinner in Dining room. We had anytime dining and we ate each night about 6 PM at a table for two and never had to wait. The food was always good...but getting tired of the menus.. Princess needs to make some changes. Also ate at Sabatini's which was wonderful as always.

The entertainment was acceptable, but they had 3 production shows and we had previously seen them all...we still enjoyed them..as they were performed very well. The two comedians on board were very funny. The games the staff put together were all fun. Good job Cruise Director Staff.

It is my understanding that Princess has ordered two new ships that will weigh 141,000 tons..larger than the ships they now sail. They also have two new production shows they will debut in 2011.. (Stardust and British Invasion).

Embarkation and Debarkation always easy with Princess.

We had one bad weather day in Cuzumel..and that night the seas were very rough..the Captain made an announcement and told us to expect bumpy seas and he was so right... I thought I would fall out of bed. However, the next day the seas settled down and it was much calmer.

All in all we had a great cruise and we are already booked for 9 day cruise in May from NY on the Caribbean Princess and a 7 day cruise next November on the Ruby. In my opinion, Princess has the best loyalty program on the seas and truly wants to please their passengers.

Publication Date: 12/09/10