Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by cmess65

Member Name: cmess65
Cruise Date: November 2010
Cabin Category: 6A

Very disappointing
I had sailed on Carnival Freedom last year and was very impressed and excited for my second cruise on the Liberty. I'll never sail on Liberty again.

I was very disappointed in the service and much of the food. Several times in the show lounge I ordered a Coke and was given a Diet Coke. The fried chicken in the buffet and the dining room was horribly overcooked and unedible. Most of the breakfast foods in the buffet were cold. I picked up a set of silverware in a napkin at the buffet and when I unwrapped it the napkin was damp.

In the silver dining room the servers were always hovering around snatching dishes off the table. One night the Serbian girl tried to take my dish before I was done. I think out of the seven nights our table was only visited by a waiter selling drinks three times.

The refrigerator in my room didn't keep anything cold and I taped a large sign asking my steward, Eduardo, to fix it. The sign hung there for two days before the refrigerator was finally fixed. I also found a hole in one of the bathroom towels.

The dancers were great, but the female singers are young enough to think that they have to scream lyrics instead of sing lyrics.

I don't remember smelling so much cigarette smoke on Freedom. People were smoking everywhere. I even saw a group of the officers in their white uniforms standing around the casino bar smoking.

The best part of the trip was dinner at Harry's Steakhouse. It was one of the best steak dinners I've ever had. I wish I had the $30 a night to keep going back.

I read in another review about the lack of class of the passengers. I found the same thing. People wore whatever they wanted at dinner. One of my tablemates wore a knit cap and flip-flops every night at dinner except for formal night. The only time anybody said anything to him is when he showed up with a sleeveless T-shirt. I guess you can wear shorts but not a sleeveless shirt. One whole table came to dinner one night wearing football jerseys. Again, I guess that's OK.

This trip soured me on Carnival. I may try a different company next time.

Publication Date: 12/08/10