We were 2 adults and 2 children 11 and 14. It was our 2nd cruise with Carnival. We travelled the week after Thanksgiving. The ship was full because a third of passengers were supposed to go on the Splendor (the ship that had an engine fire in the Pacific last month) and they got 25% discount to sail on the Dream.
1. the ship looks great and modern much more than what we sailed before.
2. a lot of room to move without feeling crowded.
3. choice of food was good; especially liked the Indian food station and all the sweets.
4. night entertainment was awesome.
5. cabin and dinner staff were great.
6. loved Roatan Island.
1. the food service at embarkation was very slow.
2. the breakfast and lunch service was very bad. Slow service in the morning for the sit-down service. At lunch the tables were not cleaned properly and trays were not picked up right away. A lot of the seats were wet or stained, or both.
3. bad choice of some ports: Belize City is to be avoided at all costs. Costa Maya is also questionable.
4. it smelled of feces in the hallways of our cabin on the 9th level.
5. Carnival should stop billing ahead for tips. Tipping is a personal thing and cannot be applied evenly all the time. That is why we asked them to re-imburse us and we distributed the tips cash to whoever we thought went out of their way to serve us.
6. Carnival made it difficult to cash travelers cheques, which goes against the spirit of carrying them.
Bottom line: it was a good value.