Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Trekker954: ALLURE - Heaven on the High Seas

Trekker954
Member Since 2007
3,184 Posts

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

ALLURE - Heaven on the High Seas

Sail Date: December 2010

Adult son and daughter and son's girlfriend and I sailed on the maiden voyage of the Allure Dec 1-5. It was an incredible cruise and I loved every minute of it. My room overlooked Central Park. It was so lovely sitting on the balcony watching the activity while we discussed the activities from the cruise compass. If you misplaced your compass, everything was just a touch screen away. The computerized system with activities, maps, dining room waits, etc. was so advanced. The solarium was a haven. It had so many various lounge areas and was very lush with Palm trees and vegetation. It had its own dining area with healthy choices. There were so so many hot tubs (adult only), loved it!! Although the ship was at capacity, it never felt that way. There were so many options when it came to meals, even the windjammer never seemed overwhelming. I don't know where to begin regarding the entertainment. You do not need to go to Las Vegas or Broadway, you just need to book the Allure. Serious, who More need Vegas Cirque de Solis' O, when the Allure has Blue Planet and Oceanaria. And just come on board the Allure to see an amazing 90 minute Chicago with all of the highlighted songs. Loved it, loved it, loved it!!!! My kids and I just loved the shows. The comedy club as well was great, I just wish it were a little bigger.

With all my compliments for the Allure, if you hope to sit in a lounge and watch the sea, its not happening. You barely know you are on a ship, unless you go to the pool level or have an outside balcony. all lounges face the inside, library, internet, all inside. The My time dining level did not have views of the water (only the lifeboats so the shades remained closed).

But all that was fine, I kept so busy, too busy even, I'm sure I'll have to return to her (or her sister ship the Oasis) very soon.

The most important advice I need to give you all, if you plan to go, make reservations for the shows in advance (supposedly you can do this); and/or try to make reservations as soon as you get on board. I didn't get this warning and although was on board by 1130, we didn't realize that all shows needed advance reservations. We were use to just showing up at the theater, but I guess with 5500 guests, you need reservations. Luckily, we were able to get reservations for some shows and for other got in by standby line. so we saw it all and it was all sooooooooooo good. Happy Sailing Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Central Park view Stateroom with Balcony Deck 10