Carnival Pride Cruise Review by LOVES2CRUISE1126

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Pride Cruise Review by LOVES2CRUISE1126
Carnival Pride
Carnival Pride
Member Name: LOVES2CRUISE1126
Cruise Date: November 2010
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 8C

Disappointed...
You can't beat $850 for 7 nights of being waited on hand and foot, and all the food you could possibly eat.... unfortunately, every low class, loud and obnoxious person in Baltimore also decided the price was attractive and took holiday on the Carnival Pride.

The good: David's steakhouse - THAT is an experience everyone should have. The food is absolutely phenomenal, the service is exceptional, and the portion sizes were more than fair.

The room was ALWAYS kept clean and tidy, our beds were turned down every night, and our room steward always left us the most adorable little towel animals. Anything we needed, he got it for us. Very polite, very professional.

Embarkation was incredibly easy - long wait, but not a difficult process by any means. We had fun people watching - apparently the mullet and rat tail hairstyles have come back - never thought I'd see the day....

Our bags were already in front of our room by the time we got there - so no issues with the luggage at all. Although the state rooms are small (that's pretty standard for cruise staterooms) there was plenty of room to unpack all of my belongings for the week. Very pleased with the accommodations.

Comedy shows were HILARIOUS!!! A definite plus!

The bad: Unlike my past cruise experiences, the food was nothing to write home about....that is, if you were lucky enough to have GOTTEN any of the food you were looking for. This is the ONLY cruise I've been on that ran out of food in the dining room. No bananas, no waffles, no sausage, etc. Yet, you walk around the Lido deck and see PILES of food on abandoned trays - I've never seen so much waste in my life. Not the fault of CCL, just the ignorance of the passengers. Two nights, when the waiter we requested was unable to accommodate us in his section, we were unlucky enough to sit in the section with the waiter who filled our water glasses, then took off. Where? Don't know - never figured it out. He forgot all about us. That was formal night. Super special.

The Lido deck (buffet style) was a HOT MESS. Ever see a thousand seagulls on the beach fighting over a french fry? Same scene - but with people instead of birds....it was a truly spectacular sight - and if you missed the first show, wait until the next mealtime comes around - it'll happen all over again. Not nearly enough room for the thousands that flocked to the 9th deck at noon, so trying to find a table was loads of fun. Sad part is, most of the food up on the Lido was just shy of repulsive. You're pretty safe with pizza, or a hamburger if you were able to get one right off the grill. Entertaining on that deck - definitely fun to watch.

I am not one who is usually susceptible to motion sickness - but this trip I needed the Bonine and Dramamine!!! A constant vibration under foot was a bit annoying at first, but I was able to tune it out and focus on trying to keep my food down from the constant rocking. No, we didn't have bad weather.

Shows - as with any cruise ship, they're hit or miss. This time around was a miss, but, it is what it is.

The ugly: Oh where shall I start? Oh yes, let's begin with the random guy who walked in FROM OUR PRIVATE balcony while we were in bed. That was fun... So our stateroom had a beautiful balcony, which didn't lock, but who needs a lock on a private balcony? Well, apparently, I did!! Suddenly, the door opens, and this guy comes in through the curtains, apologizes, and walks out of our front door. Awesome. The explanation we got was...oh, they must be cleaning the balconies. Really? At night? Good thing I had clothes on....

Then there was the hour and a half wait on the bus for the excursion we chose.....the kayaks weren't there on time, so we got to sit there on the bus in the freezing cold for close to two hours waiting on them. Still did the tour, but wasted half the day. Carnival explained that they wouldn't do anything about that because we still did the tour, and they offered us coffee for the inconvenience. Glad we got that taken care of....Puh-leeeease!!

Then, there are the smokers.....ok, I know - there are designated areas to smoke on board. I'm not going to lecture anyone about how you're killing yourself, and everyone around you on this review with the lead (which everyone knows even small exposure to diminishes IQ significantly), arsenic and cyanide found in the components of cigarette smoke, BUT, I will ask that those of you who DO choose to smoke be more mindful of those of us who are actually trying to live a long healthy life that when you come up to a designated NON-SMOKING table in the casino, and blow smoke into our faces, you're not going to make many friends.... DESIGNATED areas ONLY please!!!

Overall - still had a good time, but more due to the company I was with than anything provided by Carnival.

Publication Date: 12/07/10