Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Mike Russell-Brown

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Mike Russell-Brown
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Millennium
Member Name: Mike Russell-Brown
Cruise Date: November 2010
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 07
Cabin Number: 2082
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Celebrity Millennium sets the Gold Standard!
I was lucky enough to be one of the first guests on Millennium's Alaska Cruise after drydock in Victoria in 2009, but if anything I would say she is in even better shape now. The ship was gleaming from stem to stern, with staff constantly hoovering and polishing so where people get the idea that she is 'tired and in need of refurbishment' I cannot imagine!! Just hope they never visit my house!!

The food was stunning - Olympic would rival the very best on dry land and I have eaten at hotels in the UK where 1 night and dinner costs about the price of the whole 10 day cruise. But to be honest the food in the Metropolitan was just as good and the brunch was the best buffet I have ever seen (and eaten) in my life.

One plea to Celebrity though - please, please don't give up on 'large table fixed dining' in favour of speciality restaurants and flexibility. If you are lucky, and we certainly were, you make new lifelong friends at the dining table on a 10 day cruise because there is sufficient bonding time.

All the staff were so friendly and every waking moment on the ship was filled with excitement; from breakfast (and I was good on some days eating at the Aqua Spa)right through to being last in the Cosmos nightclub, with all the other entertainment in between.

A special mention for Julian Brackenbury, the ship's incoming hotel director - a fellow 'Brit' who happened to sit next to us on the American Airlines flight from NY to Puerto Rico on the way down. He looked after us so well and he must have the best job in the world, presiding as he does over one of the most well-oiled machines I have come across in a long time.

I am not going to say any more - it was just a perfect cruise.

Publication Date: 12/06/10