Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by raggedyann6: Good Time on Triumph

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Good Time on Triumph

Sail Date: November 2010
Embarkation: New Orleans

There were 3 of us girlfriends on this cruise we had an inside cabin 1045, it had 2 lower and one upper bunk bed lots of floor space, closet space and enough room in the bathroom. Our cabin attendant Putu was great, we gave him a list of things we wanted done in the cabin and he did everything right away and always greeted us in the hallways. The room was clean I am not the type to go digging to find dirt or mold. We switched from anytime dining after the 1st night as we did not like waiting over an hour at 7 pm to get a table in the back next to a very loud wait station. We had 2nd seating the rest of the nights and the service was very good as was the food. I ate lunch on sea days at the deli and had the lox and cream cheese bagel which was fantastic. The breakfast at the express area had just about everything that was on the Lido buffet just no big line. The made to order omelet station was right next to the express breakfast line.

The biggest complaint I had on the ship More was how many areas allowed smoking, there were several music lounges that had great music but the smoke was to over powering for me to enjoy.The disco music was more rap than I would have liked and the smoke in there also was bad. There is no smoking on the actual dance floor but you could smoke in the area above the dance floor. Maybe because this cruise had so many southerners on it there was more smoking than the west coast port cruises I have taken. The smoke did not bother me on the outside decks just the inside.

The ship was always very clean and the crew were always very friendly. I asked a crew member if they had honey for my tea in the Lido and 1 minute after I sat down I was brought honey wow! The passengers were all very friendly, the ages were between 30-50 mostly rom LA,AL, and MS. There were very few kids as this was not a break time for schools.

Progreso was an OK port we just did some shopping which was cheaper than Cozumel. I got a massage which was not that great but hey what do you expect for an hour massage for $30.00? I had read where people were complaining about how ugly Progreso was and the people were always bothering you to buy things. I never ever felt bothered by any of the locals selling things, a simple no thanks was enough. This is how these people make a living no different than any other Caribbean port (except maybe St Barts) If you are not into experiencing the locals do NOT get off the ship.

We did Nachi Cocomon (SP?) in Cozumel for $49.00 you got unlimited drinks, a great lunch, beach chair with umbrella. The water was very clear and clean, nicer than Paradise Beach water. There were not many people there, maybe 40 or so when we were there. I would not recommend it for kids as there is not a lot to do there. The pool and hot tub looked clean. One of my friends booked a snorkel tour and said it was very nice.

Getting on the ship took about 45 minutes we got there around 1:30. Getting off took about 30 minutes we carried our own luggage off. We gave our luggage to a service that took it to the airport so we did not have to lug it around New Orleans before our plane left at 3:00. The service is not operated by Carnival it is a women who operates it on her own. When we got to the airpot we picked it up at their office in the baggage claim area, it was $25.00 for up to 4 pieces of luggage.

I went to a few shows there were 2 comedians one was the funniest I have scene in a long time the other one (the white guy) was just OK. There was a good Caribbean band that played on deck. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Triumph Interior Panorama 1045

Cabin 1045 had cabins below and the spa massage rooms above so it was quiet. There was plenty of closet space for 3 women. The bathroom was big enough and had 3 shelves for toiletries and space below the sink for items. We had 2 beds on the floor and one bunk bed above.