Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by penpaduano: Are the lights of the Solstice's 5+ stars diminishing???

penpaduano
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Are the lights of the Solstice's 5+ stars diminishing???

Sail Date: November 2010

My husband and I and daughter and son-in law decided to celebrate Thanksgiving together on the Celebrity Solstice. Our week's cruise proved to be somewhat disappointing! Definitely NOT the 5+ Stars we expected!!

After thoroughly enjoying cruising in Italy and Greece on the Solstice, Summer 2009, and on the Constellation to Russia and the Baltics, Summer 2010, I had decided that the Celebrity ships, food, and service had earned 5+ STARS with me, and as we cruise at least once or twice a year, I had vowed that Celebrity would be our choice from now on! On that assumption, I booked 2 balcony cabins for the cruise on the Solstice and we were all excited to embark on a week or fun and some relaxation that would include our Thanksgiving celebration. No cooking for us!

I am sad to report some of my findings that have caused me to doubt my prior star rating:

-There was a decline in the overall appearance and cleanliness of the ship:

For example, ship's More railing from outside the buffet down to the pool was worn and not stained and polished as it should be; there was mold in our cabin's room and bathroom...no ice, no wine glasses, no shampoo etc. overall inconsistent attendant's attention when comparing service between our cabin and my daughter's; the hem on the drapes on the was torn, creating a safety issue when going out to the balcony as I had to watch that my foot did not become entangled in the resulting loop.

-There was a marked decrease in the overall offerings and quality of the food served in the Grand Epinay and the buffet in the Ocean View and service was not as efficient and sharp as we all experienced on the Solstice in 2009 and last Summer on the Constellation!

Can it be that, to accommodate the reduced sailing prices, the overall standard and quality of Celebrity must be lowered so that the ship's cabins can be filled? Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Solstice Deluxe Oceanveiw Stateroom Sunrise Deck (7)

Small in size, good location, but moldy....