Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by NYCruiser2

Member Name: NYCruiser2
Cruise Date: October 2010
Cabin Category: T1

The Epic, what a ship...
A beautiful ship without a doubt, activities galore...to a point! Solo cruisers had Meaghan to assure ev1 had a good time. But the majority of us have children her age and it seemed like a hard task for her to accomplish. I think she did well though. Being accustomed to the organized production on other cruiselines, I missed being able to go to the theatre after dinner. That is, without making reservations and such! The Manhattan dining room reminds me of the ballroom in the Manhattan Hotel on Sixth Ave. in NYC! I was so impressed with the decor, and the band playing during dinner. With a dance floor for those who liked to dance while waiting for their meal. I loved this! What I was not so thrilled with was the menu. The food that I ate was delicious! Its just that I had the Salmon 6 of the 7 nights. The menu seemed to be very limited, two specialty offerings and the standard 4/5 menu items.

The studio cabins were such a disappointment, I would not book them again. The water closet is smaller than the restroom on an airplane. The shower stall is not much bigger than that! The "closets"are a joke!! They are about 6inches deep,the doors slide closed. I sent all my evening wear to be pressed on the first night. The cabin steward was nice enough to hang them in the "closet." EVERYTHING was just as wrinkled as before. This cabin is barely big enough for one person. I two people were to share this studio, one would have to stay in bed till the other person leaves the cabin!! The designer of those sinks must be laughing all the way to the bank!!lol Can we say...no counter space!!! uh, that's right, that shelf they have posing as a side table can hold a book, or headphones, or shades and suntan lotion. Just not all at the same time. If you are 100lbs, this size cabin may not be a problem at all.

The crew of the Epic should get a standing ovation!! I was thoroughly impressed with the way they worked to make sure ev1 was enjoying their cruise. I must sail the Epic again, just to see all I missed. I hope they get the kinks out soon.

Publication Date: 12/05/10