Majesty of the Seas 4

PattyG12
Member Since 2007
6,906 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

To begin with, let me introduce us. It's myself, 51 and DH, 48 that cruise. We speak very highly of cruising, and Royal Caribbean in particular. When people express interest in trying to cruise, we plan a trip on the Majesty. This particular trip we had 30 people in 15 rooms. About half were first time cruisers. I've seen so many reviews of the Majesty so I'm not going into everything. I just want to point out the differences since last year.

The majesty has always had a warm spot in my heart because it always seemed that she was such a special ship, loved by everyone. We found this may be changing since our last trip.

First difference is that the ship is starting to look tired. Second, the Dining Room Staff just looked confused and lost. They didn't bring rolls some nights. They didn't ask about drinks one night. It we asked for things, sometimes they didn't come. Now, to be fair, the new people still thought the staff was wonderful. The rest of us were just very More disappointed.

The next difference is that the ship is starting to look a little frayed. They still seem to be doing maintenance during the week but it just was looking neglected.

The final difference was the bar staff. Each evening, our group would go up to the pool area and find an area that was out of the way to set up a "circle" so we could enjoy our trip as a group. At least 2 nights there we no bar servers up on the pool deck. We ended up going up to the bar. Again, this isn't a deal breaker but every other trip on Royal, we've had someone come by to see if we were OK when we put the last glass down. We had HUGE piles of cups, glasses and beer bottles and nobody seemed to be in any hurry to clean up the messes.

I was just disappointed in the Majesty this trip and it's the first time. Less

Majesty of the Seas Cruises to the Bahamas

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View Stateroom

F15094
Cabin 5094 is close to everything. No noise problems. I'd definitely book it again.

Published 12/05/10

Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review

Majesty of the Seas Cruises to the Bahamas

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?