Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Themamulas

Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 4E

Thanksgiving cruise Nov. 21-28, 2010
My husband and I have been on two previous cruises, both with RCCL. We decided to give CCL a shot because it was the right price at just the right time. We wanted to cruise out of Baltimore because it is close to home (VA) and we had a poor experience in Norfolk with very long wait times. Baltimore was wonderful! You just drive up to drop your luggage off, then go park, take a short walk to the check-in. Lines were moving pretty steadily. It took approximately 2 hrs. to get checked and get on the ship. We will def. cruise out of B'more again!

In my opinion the ship was decorated nicely. Yes, there was a lot of nude paintings and sculptures, but it's art, and was done tastefully. There were plenty of comfy seats near the windows which was nice. Plenty of pools/hot tubs and a bar Just about everywhere.

The room was great! We had an inside room on deck 7. It had a very roomy layout, mini fridge and good size shower. BTW I discovered that the gym locker area has large showers with multiple sprayers and they are quite nice.

Dining in the buffet was a little confusing because there were a few buffet lines that were spread out. Some of which were Not always open, so you had to walk around the entire room to see what was available before waiting in line. Food was not great esp. dessert. There was always pizza and often hot/cold deli sandwiches made to order which was good. I really enjoyed the 24/7 ice cream!!!

Dining in the main dining room was hit or miss. The steak was excellent. Ribs, potato soup and choc. melting cake were all quite good. The melting cake was not "soupy" but "melting". Thanksgiving dinner was a disappointment overall. We were sat in a booth which took away from the whole formality of dinner and view of entertainment.

The activities on the ship were the usual cruise activities. I was surprised how similar to RCCL they were, but they were definitely poorly executed on CCL. I agree that the Fun Times did not give enough information, but it may be that even they don't know what they're doing and when.

However i do have to say Jaime was wonderful the entire cruise!

So, there was some good and some bad. There were not a ton of partiers like I've heard of CCL, but there were a lot of kids. Probably because of the holiday, but it did detract from our vacation. A lot of them were just running wild with no adults in sight. They have kids clubs for just about every age group. I found RCCL to have better service, food and entertainment while CCL had better rooms and better 24 food including ice cream. I'm not opposed to going with them again but it would have to be an extremely good deal.

Publication Date: 12/04/10