Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by cje

Member Name: cje
Cruise Date: November 2010
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 1A
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        10-12 1.0

Carnival Ecstasy - Had a good time!
Embarkation was smooth. No problems. Instead of leaving at 4:00, we did not set sail until 6:00. To make up the lost time, they had to sail pretty fast, which made for a little more sway on the ship. Our stateroom was adequate and clean. Our room was made up twice a day. Beware, though, that if you book a room on the Riviera deck, you will get no sleep. We were on the Riviera deck, mid ship. I still do not know where all the noise was coming from, but it sounded like chains being pulled left and right, clanking noises, etc. I complained twice but to no avail. So think twice before booking a room on the very bottom deck. I guess all the noise was coming from underneath us. The food was fine. The Panorama is buffet style with something different every day. I enjoyed the jerk chicken. They had fresh fruits and salads every day.

Dinner was really my favorite experience. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal every night. Our server was the same person every night and she was awesome. They really go out of their way to make it an enjoyable experience.

Arrived in Progreso. We did the dune buggy beach break excursion (XCambo ruins and Reef Beach Club Resort). Don't waste your money. It was definitely not worth the $99 per person we paid. You would be better off just staying on the Corona Beach at end of pier.

Arrived in Cozumel. Definitely worth the wait. It was absolutely beautiful. We went to Paradise Beach and stayed all day and did some shopping afterward.

Left Cozumel at 4:00 and hit rough seas due to a cold front. It woke us up around 4 a.m. with the ship going up and down with 12-foot swells. Walking through the dining room was tricky and I spilled some coffee trying to walk to my table!

Arrived back in Galveston on Thursday. If you want them to handle your luggage, you have to have it in the hallway before midnight, so you will have to have a change of clothes, etc. for the next morning. However, if you can manage all your luggage by yourself, do the "self-assist" debarkation. You get to go first. Otherwise, you will be on the ship all morning waiting for your "zone" to be called. The line to get through customs was long, and it took us about an hour to finally get out.

Overall, I have to say that all the negative reviews I read were not true for me. The ship was not too crowded. I never had to wait in line for more than a few minutes. The food was good. The water in the shower was hot. The shows were good. The ship was clean. The staff was very friendly. For the money, it was worth it.

Publication Date: 12/05/10