Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by cje: Carnival Ecstasy - Had a good time!

cje
Member Since 2010
1 Post

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Ecstasy Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Ecstasy - Had a good time!

Sail Date: November 2010
Embarkation: Galveston

Embarkation was smooth. No problems. Instead of leaving at 4:00, we did not set sail until 6:00. To make up the lost time, they had to sail pretty fast, which made for a little more sway on the ship. Our stateroom was adequate and clean. Our room was made up twice a day. Beware, though, that if you book a room on the Riviera deck, you will get no sleep. We were on the Riviera deck, mid ship. I still do not know where all the noise was coming from, but it sounded like chains being pulled left and right, clanking noises, etc. I complained twice but to no avail. So think twice before booking a room on the very bottom deck. I guess all the noise was coming from underneath us. The food was fine. The Panorama is buffet style with something different every day. I enjoyed the jerk chicken. They had fresh fruits and salads every day.

Dinner was really my favorite experience. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal every night. Our server was the same person every night and she was awesome. They More really go out of their way to make it an enjoyable experience.

Arrived in Progreso. We did the dune buggy beach break excursion (XCambo ruins and Reef Beach Club Resort). Don't waste your money. It was definitely not worth the $99 per person we paid. You would be better off just staying on the Corona Beach at end of pier.

Arrived in Cozumel. Definitely worth the wait. It was absolutely beautiful. We went to Paradise Beach and stayed all day and did some shopping afterward.

Left Cozumel at 4:00 and hit rough seas due to a cold front. It woke us up around 4 a.m. with the ship going up and down with 12-foot swells. Walking through the dining room was tricky and I spilled some coffee trying to walk to my table!

Arrived back in Galveston on Thursday. If you want them to handle your luggage, you have to have it in the hallway before midnight, so you will have to have a change of clothes, etc. for the next morning. However, if you can manage all your luggage by yourself, do the "self-assist" debarkation. You get to go first. Otherwise, you will be on the ship all morning waiting for your "zone" to be called. The line to get through customs was long, and it took us about an hour to finally get out.

Overall, I have to say that all the negative reviews I read were not true for me. The ship was not too crowded. I never had to wait in line for more than a few minutes. The food was good. The water in the shower was hot. The shows were good. The ship was clean. The staff was very friendly. For the money, it was worth it. Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Ecstasy Upper/Lower Empress

Rooms were clean. Plenty of closet and luggage space. Very noisy on Riviera deck, which is the very bottom deck (still not sure where all the clanking and banging noises were coming from). People in halls at all hours of night and you can hear everything they say if they are walking down hall. Shower area was adequate and water was plenty hot! Bring some earplugs or a noise machine. Wish I would have done that. But overall, I was pleased with the room itself. They make up the room twice a day.

Loved it! We went to Paradise Beach and paid $14 for access to chairs/water toys, etc. The food at this beach is expensive so be prepared if you decide to eat there. The water was absolutely gorgeous. Had to be back on ship by 3:30 so we did not get a chance to really explore the island. Taxi service everywhere (unless you book an excursion through Carnival) and they will take you wherever you want to go. For 9 of us, it was about $35 each way. We split it so it comes down to about $4 per person.

Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews

The only thing I liked about Progreso was the nice shells on the beach at the Reef Beach Resort. The XCambo ruins were interesting. Overall, I would not go back to Progreso. I would not get in the water at Progreso!

Read 283 Progreso Reviews