Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Mark & Tara

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Mark & Tara
Oasis of the Seas
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

The best Holiday EVER...we even got engaged :-)
SHIP

I had never been on a cruise before but my girlfriend had been on some with her parents, she told me she couldn't wait to see my face when I saw the ship.....she was right, I was speechless! I couldn't put into words how big this thing is so I won't try...you just have to see it for yourself! It made most other ships look like lifeboats! The interior was just awesome, take some time to look at some photo's online!

CABIN

We stayed in a seaview cabin right in the front of the ship on deck 10. The room was very nicely decorated and of very decent size with a king sized bed and double wardrobe. All rooms have big flat screen TVs on the wall where you can look through all the days events and entertainment, book trips and shows and keep an eye on your accounts! (as well as watch TV if you want to miss what's going on around the ship) The woman who looked after our room was amazing and the workers who were doing the rooms around us were friendly too. We even tipped one of the ones who didnt do our room because he was so friendly and nice!

FOOD

STUNNING AND ENDLESS - enough said! All our waiters were brilliant and so friendly all the time! We were treated like royalty! Juanito, Jorvey, Vyecheslav and Hui are all legends!

ENTERTAINMENT

Constantly something going on whether its going to see a show or climbing a wall or surfing the flowriders (there are 2) or watching the international bellyflop competition (so funny) or proposing to your better half in the comedy club in front of 100s of strangers! The guest services woman Kristina and the comedy show compere Simian were fantastic in helping me set up my proposal, there really is nothing that the staff on this ship won't do to make your day perfect! All shows were brilliant and there was also karaoke every night for a laugh! TIP: BOOK SHOWS BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME TO AVOID LONG QUEUES AND DISAPPOINTMENT!

1 SMALL SNAG

We cruised back to back and the transition day could have been a bit smoother. I would say Royal Caribbean need to review the procedure! Don't take this as a really bad thing as everything else was near perfect I just felt I had to put something down here to stop you thinking I'm a shareholder in Royal Caribbean! Basically we had to get off and back on but wait in the same queue as passengers who were going home which was a long process!

OVERALL

AMAZING holiday when all is said and done! Honestly cannot think of a better place to get engaged to my beautiful girlfriend! We have such good memories of our first cruise and met some very nice people who we are keeping in touch with! I came home with the best prize I could ever wish for, a beutiful girl who had agreed to spend the rest of her life with me! She came home with a nice prize too... jewellry is absolutely STUPIDLY reasonably priced in St. Thomas and St. Maarten! I never give anything a 10/10 so this holiday is getting an 11!!!

Publication Date: 12/05/10