Carnival Dream Cruise Review by lpayne@hotmail.com

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Dream Cruise Review by lpayne@hotmail.com
Member Name: lpayne@hotmail.com
Cruise Date: November 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Rates 5+

Carnival Dream
I only travel Carnival because I have always had a wonderful experience with them. They always have great food,fabulous shows, great ports of calls and I do not have to go broke to cruise. Therefore, I was so excited about going on the new Carnival Dream even thought the price was alittle higher than I usually pay. I had a fantastic time! The ship is new and beautiful and spacious.

If you are familiar with the normal lay out of Carnival, I will tell you about the great additions. It has a water park for the kids and two slides. The Lido is on the 10th floor instead of the 9th. It has a comedy club and 4 comedians rotated with a family comedy show and an adult comedy show at night. It has so many hot tubs I stopped counting and a 5th floor Lanai. The Lanai has many chairs (most shaded) and through out the cruise BBQ is grilled on this deck. For the adults they have the serenity area up on the 12th deck by the spa. It has these quaint whicker bungalow chairs for two with shades and two hammocks and alot of reading chairs and padded whicker lounge chairs.

Though the dream is a beautiful ship, I think I will travel on the smaller ships from now on. If you want a chair you need to be an early riser. If you get to the pool by 10:30-11:00 nothing is available. The bungalows are taken very early. I am use to my 3rd floor deck that is quiet and peaceful this ship did not have any place to get away from others. Extra floors were added for rooms but the pool area is the same, so I found it very crowded. I can not even imagine what this ship would be like during a spring cruise. Though I found it a bit overwhelming with the extra people it was still a fabulous ship and I had a wonderful time. I would recommend this trip to others

Publication Date: 12/05/10