“Legend South East Asia November 2010”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Legend of the Seas

Chelsea1 Legend of the Seas 0 Legend South East Asia November 2010
Chelsea1
Member Since 2006
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Having read the previous reviews before departing I was becoming very concerned about this cruise. However it turned out to be really enjoyable. The cruise was 13 nights from Hong Kong to Singapore with multiple stops in Vietnam and 3 days in Thailand before arriving in Singapore. Our cabin was a mid ship junior siute on deck 9. This was our first cruise with Royal Caribbean. Previously we have cruised with Cunard and Celebrity. The main reason for choosing this cruise was the itinerary which was amazing.

I will try and rate by component:

Embarkation - fine. We were given priority boarding due to JS cabin. It was quick and efficient at Hong Kong.

Cabin - Junior suite, mid-ship. On first entering I breathed a sigh of relief, it was clean, bright, good sized balcony, reasonable bathroom, plently of wardrobe space, very good bedding, flat screen TV and decent fridge, but noisy aircon. However, soon learned noise was not from aircon but engine room located midship directly above our cabin and machinery room directly opposite. This was not clear on deck plans and should be as mid ship is considered prime location. Part way through voyage I rang maintenance as noise and vibration was becoming too much to sleep and they asked me if I wanted them to switch the engines off! It was bearable overall but should have been made clear when booking. Overall the JS cabins are great, just avoid mid-ship.

Dining/Food: Booked My Time dining. This turned out to be Their Time - only 6.00PM or 8.00PM were available every day no matter when booked. Plus food in main dining room was very average and barely warm. So we ate in the buffet each night, which was great! Good choice, hot food, really enjoyed the Indian curries and asian dishes, good seating. This was the first time we have ever avoided the dining room in favour of buffet, but on this cruise it worked.

Shore Excursions - really good value and very well organised.

Entertainment - variable (as on all ships!) but relaxed and fun. Quizes were good. Did not join in many daytime activities.

Music - really good - always a live band playing somewhere (missing on more upscale cruise lines). I enjoyed the music on the pool decks.

Bars - good - but limited wine selection and too much focus of pre-mixed cocktails. Beers were good. Prices fairly high.

Internet - OK, with variable speed. No more expensive than other lines and good computer room plus WIFI access in certain areas.

Dress code - relaxed, but appropriate to the climate.

Ship itself - much better than expected. Clean, well decorated, stable. Smaller than previous cruises, but considering size and age, much better than expected.

Guest profile - mixed European, Australian, American, mixed Asian - a well balanced mix with no one region dominating. There was a nice atmosphere and we made some good friends.

Disembarkation - very well organised in Singapore

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Legend of the Seas Review
Legend of the Seas Cruises to Asia
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?