“NCL Epic - Thanksgiving Cruise”
Cruise review of Norwegian Epic

DelrayCruisers Norwegian Epic 4 NCL Epic - Thanksgiving Cruise
DelrayCruisers
Member Since 2008
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This is our third NCL cruise. We love the freestyle dining features of this ship, because we eat where and what we want. I have to say the service and food on this ship far surpassed that of our experiences on the Dawn and the Pearl. We sampled just about all the restaurants and other than the terrible dinner in their Speigel Tent dinner show, we were happy. The Brazilian BBQ was outstanding as was El Bistro their French restaurant.

The ship was filled to its 4100 passenger capacity and there were well over 1000 kids of all ages. The ship design lent itself poorly to this amount of people. This is our third year traveling Thanksgiving week and the first year we felt like it was crowded where ever you went. People were all over the place. There were not enough lounge chairs on deck for the days at sea and it seems people were marching to and fro all day while we were 'relaxing' attempting to enjoy some quiet down time.

The design of the ship, while great from marketing standpoint, had you walking through the casino when going from one place to another on deck 6. Whether you liked it or not you walked through an uncomfortable smoke filled area. That being said, I can't complain, I came away a winner!!!

The room design was what I call a European concept with the shower and toilet basically part of the room, separated by a curtain if you cared to close it.

Be careful coming out of the shower though, because if someone is walking into the cabin while you are coming out you would be knocked out! The 'wave' design of the room made it seem smaller than it was and I was happy for the balcony. We did get to see an inside handicapped cabin which was spacious and well designed for someone who is in a wheel chair.

One last thing about the cabins. NCL did a great job of making the rooms 'green'. You have to put your room card in a slot when you come in and it makes the lights go one. Take it out when you leave and all the lights and TV go off. Liked that feature a lot!

All in all it is a beautiful ship however I don't think cruising on a mega ship is for us; at least not on a holiday week.

The islands? Having cruised so many times, I can't give a fresh eyed view.

Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

Wave design of room made it seem even smaller. Do away with the couch or redesign it because its rounded shape does not lend it self to comfortable extra seating or lounging, nor does it open to an extra bed. Oh yes, the vessel sink in the room. Too small, poor design water gets everywhere. GREAT storage. Attentive staff. I am still not convinced they changed the sheets daily, but as they are attempting to go 'green' that is ok by us.
Published 12/02/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Epic Review
Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?