Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by luvmysox1

Cabin Category: 6B
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Triumph was wonderful voyage
We had a long drive to meet Miss Carnival Triumph. 745 miles one way. We stopped in Jackson Miss. at a Super 8 we booked thru Expedia cheap. It was surprisingly descent. It only left a short 3 hour drive to parking garage in the morning.

We chose to park at the Howard Ave. Parking Garage. Booked thru EZ Parking for a small fee including a shuttle to the port and back to the garage. 45 for the 5 day cruise.

Embarkment moved pretty quickly and we were on the ship by 11:30 AM. I had a small problem checking in at the desk. I didn't want my S&S going to my Debit card and they said I'd have to go to Guest Services to have it changed. I was happy about this. I'd want to stand in another line on my vacation. Guest Services was quick to help me.

Our cabin was our very 1st Oceanview Stateroom Riveria Deck 1391 and now I want nothing less. The Upgrade Fairy visit us the week before and we moved from an inside room to the OV for an extra 20 dollars. It was worth it. It has a nice sitting area and the room was quite large. The hairdryer looks like it was from outer space. Ladies bring ur own.

The ship was nicely laid out. Lots stuff happening and was never bored. Loved the Piano Bar. The Punchliner comedians were really good on this ship. We didn't see all the production shows but the magic show was amazing. It was my favorite show next to Ticket to Ride on Fantasy last year.

We had early dinning in the Paris Dining Room with an amazing view. The food was outstanding but a couple times the waiter forgot my drink. Bar service was very slow in the dining room. We got to sit with some great people and hope to keep in contact with them. One couple was celebrating their anniversary on the 1st cruise and the other couples was from Canada and they were previously married on Destiny a few years back. I had originally asked for anytime dinning but I was happy to have traditional dinning. I had forgotten how much fun it is to meet nice people. People on a cruise ship are always more friendly and open than on a land based vacation, maybe it's the excitement of it all. It's fun to be waited on and taken care of, without a care in the world.

The ports of call we have done many times now. The weather was great both port days and in the high 80's both days in early November.

Disembarkment took quite a while. We were supposed to have our zone called at 9:30 AM but wasn't until 10:45AM. I have no idea why but we were in no hurry. It gave us time to talk to the Lido Bartender serving pops and tell how much he loves his job.

Triumph was a wonderful vacation. The service on Triumph was good but the best of pervious cruises. I will cruise out NOLA again as soon as Conquest moves over. I love cruising the different ships. They all have their own personality.

Publication Date: 12/02/10