“Major holiday in Turkey :(”
Cruise review of Costa Serena

crunchytaco Costa Serena 3 Major holiday in Turkey :(
crunchytaco
Member Since 2010
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was my first cruise and I was afraid that I would get sea sick, as I get motion-sickness easily. I was very pleased to find that I didn't have an issue at all!

The food was average. I always walked away full. However, at the end of the trip I was looking forward to going home and eating something delicious. Desserts at the buffet were not my idea of what a dessert should be (two thumbs down).

The staff was so very nice and helpful.

The ship seemed very clean and I was pleased with my room.

We didn't take any of the excursions. We are used to traveling and we decided to do our own thing. However I heard from an American couple that some of the English speaking excursions were canceled.

I felt as if the entertainment was for older people. I watched more TV on the ship than I do at home. Which oddly enough I was fine with, it was somewhat relaxing.

One thing that I found annoying was the people on the ship. They constantly tried to cut in front of you. They had no idea how to stand in line. Im sure its just a culture thing, but it was irritating.

My major complaint is that we had two stops in Turkey during Feast of Sacrifice which is a major holiday and lasts four days. Lots of places were closed including the Grand Bizarre and the Spice Bizarre. I felt a little ripped off due to this. Why even have two stops in a county where places are going to be closed? No apologies for this or anything.

Luckily, Ive been to Turkey already...

On these nights we boarded the ship early.

Ive decided that I will go on a cruise again. Overall my experience was pleasant. But Im not sure if Ill go on another Costa Cruise.

Overall Ratings
Published 12/02/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Costa Serena Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?