Costa Serena Cruise Review by crunchytaco: Major holiday in Turkey :(

Major holiday in Turkey :(

Sail Date: November 2009
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

This was my first cruise and I was afraid that I would get sea sick, as I get motion-sickness easily. I was very pleased to find that I didn't have an issue at all!

The food was average. I always walked away full. However, at the end of the trip I was looking forward to going home and eating something delicious. Desserts at the buffet were not my idea of what a dessert should be (two thumbs down).

The staff was so very nice and helpful.

The ship seemed very clean and I was pleased with my room.

We didn't take any of the excursions. We are used to traveling and we decided to do our own thing. However I heard from an American couple that some of the English speaking excursions were canceled.

I felt as if the entertainment was for older people. I watched more TV on the ship than I do at home. Which oddly enough I was fine with, it was somewhat relaxing.

One thing that I found annoying was the people on the ship. They constantly tried More to cut in front of you. They had no idea how to stand in line. Im sure its just a culture thing, but it was irritating.

My major complaint is that we had two stops in Turkey during Feast of Sacrifice which is a major holiday and lasts four days. Lots of places were closed including the Grand Bizarre and the Spice Bizarre. I felt a little ripped off due to this. Why even have two stops in a county where places are going to be closed? No apologies for this or anything.

Luckily, Ive been to Turkey already...

On these nights we boarded the ship early.

Ive decided that I will go on a cruise again. Overall my experience was pleasant. But Im not sure if Ill go on another Costa Cruise. Less

Published 12/02/10

Read more Costa Serena cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Serena Review >>

Cabin review:

Member Since 2010
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?