Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by godblessesjamie: Freestyle? Maybe for the critters

godblessesjamie

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Freestyle? Maybe for the critters

Sail Date: November 2010
Destination: Bahamas

Embarkation and disembarkation were excellent. We knew ship was older so our expectations were not high. Overall, we had fun.....hey we were on vacation.

In the dining room, steak was dry..not good. Grilled Salmon with capers was excellent! Buffet was very limited with mediocre food. The breakfast buffet was very good, but lunch and dinner buffet.....no thanks! Mediocre everything.

Freestyle? We were all offended at one time or another. Their dining reviews say to dress however you want. My husband did this. He wore shorts and a sleeveless shirt. We were told the "ladies" could be seated but he could not. That wouldn't have been a problem if we knew those rules. However, they really push the "freestyle" dining...."dress how you want whenever you want". Secondly, I was in the giftstore looking at some earrings. I held up the box to see how they would dangle,sparkle, get a better view. The insert dropped. I quickly picked them up....no harm. A worker said,"what are you More destroying, don't destroy the merchandise". My reply was, "Ya think"? Thirdly, I was taking my 15 year old daughter on this cruise for a break from school. They denied her access to use the steam room. She said they told her she had to be 16. I told her i think she has to be 16 or with an adult. So, when I went to use it with her, the lady said, "I already told her she had to be 18 to use this". I told her that she thought she said 16 and that I thought she could use it with an adult. NOPE! Mind you, the steam room and sauna was not busy at anytime on this cruise. I was very irritated at this point. I wanted to enjoy spa time with my daughter.

Horribly so, on the private island my daughter bought a backpack from a local. Currently, we are all bitten up. It isn't sand flea bites. The bites keep happening and spreading. They didn't start until she bought the bag and put it by her bed. Now we are both itching, putting on medication, washing EVERYTHING and being doused in pesticides. DO NOT BUY FROM THE STRAW MARKETS!!

The comedian on board was great. The costume jewelry was beautiful and not bad priced. The Nassau excursion was canceled and we found our own excursion at the last minute that worked out great! We went through the hilton hotel which has a small boat for 40.00 a person for snorkeling. We saw a HUGE shark and 2 moray eels. One was probably 6 feet long. The sharks width was at least 3 feet wide. I'm guessing it was at least 10 feet long...most probable longer. We were very freaked out, but the gentleman said it was a bottom feeder. I later found out from my daughter that he saw the one she had previously seen which was only 4-5 feet long. She hadn't seen the larger one until the end of the snorkeling and immediately got out! I couldn't believe the monstrous size of it!

The cabins are showing their wear......rust, noisy plungers on bathroom door, old pillows, old mattress for foldout couch....stains... Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky Balcony Stateroom Viking Deck 0045

Balcony for 3 people. Impossible to get to balcony when tiny couch is open for bedding. Bathroom ok but toilet seats are very old and dingy and scratched up. No lotions, soaps, etc. As always, the fridge was full of their bar stuff. T.V. was full of their advertisements on at least 4 channels. T.V. was a tiny old old t.v..not even 19 inches. They need new pillows (ripped, dust mite infested as my allergies acted up horribly), bed was fine, slept fine beside the pillows.

As said before, the snorkeling through the hilton was excellent. The straw market was horrid. I feel sorry for all of the women trying to make money, but the constant badgering is awful. The badgering begins soon as you get off of the ship!

Read 2609 Nassau Reviews