Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by lisabucsfan1

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by lisabucsfan1
Celebrity Solstice
Celebrity Solstice
Member Name: lisabucsfan1
Cruise Date: November 2010
Cabin Category: C3
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Enjoyed the Celebrity Solstice
This was my first Celebrity cruise and I have to say I will definitely be back. I did not read any other reviews prior to this trip, so I'm now surprised to go back and read about how much people disliked the food on board the Solstice. I, for one, thought the MDR was quite tasty. I did not try any of the speciality restaurants.

The one complaint in the MDR must be with the bar staff. This gal was overworked with too many tables to attend to. By the 3rd night some of our sailing partners at an adjoining table complained to the MDR host and he verbally addressed her within sight of our tables. After that her attentiveness improved. The sommelier was very attentive each and every night and frequently made good recommendations that we all enjoyed. The only problem was that by the 5th night of a 7 night cruise, they ran out of their house Cabernet & house Chardonnay... most of our group was drinking this regularly as the price was right for the beverage package (premium) that we had all purchased. This was disappointing to say the least, but the other wines were just fine. Service was a little slow at least 3 nights - where we were left waiting for our main course with nothing to eat for more than 15 minutes. For what it's worth, the 15 of us did the first seating at 6pm.

Our cabin was quite lovely, but you can very easily hear what is going on in the cabin next to you as well as out in the main hallways. I was disappointed in this - thank goodness we were not on a deck with more children scurrying through the hallways.

We did not participate in any of the organized shore excursions, so I cannot comment on that.

I found the adult pool area to be quite nice, but you had to get there early in the morning to get a spot. Same thing with the main pool deck - and the chairs are VERY crowded together.

The common areas on the boat are generally beautiful and we enjoyed the variety of music in the evenings in the main areas. The shows left a LOT to be desired, with the exception of the main "Solstice" show which is like the Cirque d'Solei in many ways. Beautiful.

We had some rough seas for the time of the year and I was very surprised that we felt as much as we did given the size of the boat. Many passengers were ill after the first day at sea.

Otherwise the cruise was fantastic and I'd do another Celebrity cruise again in the future.

Publication Date: 12/01/10