Carnival Pride Cruise Review by shworden

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: GS
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

30th Wedding Anniversary Cruise 11/21 - 11/28 2010
This was our second cruise this year. The First was on the Destiny in August. All I can say is that we were not disappointed. It was as much fun as our August cruise, but in a different way. November Cruises out of Baltimore are a bit different that an August Cruise out of Baltimore. Miami in August, you start out in hot weather and go into hotter and more humid weather and back. From Baltimore you start out in cool/cold weather go to warm weather and back to cold weather. A making for what I call the prime recipe for catching a cold. BUT, it's worth it and the Carnival Pride deals with it well with one of the pool areas that has a canopy to cover it when its cold. The excursions in Port Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport where great. My only problem with them, having never been there before, is I didn't know what to expect on excursion. And now that I've been there, looking forward to going back taking excursions that I would have taken had I known what I know now.

I only have a few things that I wish were better, and trust me when I say that none of these would prevent me from taking another Cruise on Carnival Cruise Line. And these concerns are related to both the Pride and Destiny, and unless I find out otherwise, I would guess that it is related to all Cruise Ships.

But before that, here is my only disappointment, which I knew about before I went on the Cruise on the Pride. I REALLY enjoyed the Big Screen TV on the LIDO deck of the Destiny. The Pride DID NOT have one. Bummer.

On the other hand the Destiny didn't have a Steak House. If you want an awesome meal, great food (Prime rib, 24 ounce porter house steak, New York Strip, Lobster, Fillet Mignon, etc) Check out Dave's Steakhouse on the Pride. For just $30 per person you get a meal and service that would cost $100 per person at any equivalent restaurant in the USA.

Now for Cruise Line Suggestions:

1. Each Day a document called "FunTimes" is delivered to you Suite. It list all the events of the day, with times and places. However I find a bit lacking in description. Some of the events get a good write up on what they are about, some get none, and many are repeated more than once (thus the word repeated) and the final detachable chronological order of events list the times and places. I missed some of the events I wish I would have attended because of lack of information or it took too long to sort out what was going on, where and when and what the events were about. Suggest they provide a better description of things.

2. General Announcements. General announcements of events and other situations are made over made in all public areas. Unless you are in a public area, you don't get to here them. And you end up missing some good info. The only announcements heard in the suites are during VERY important situations. YET, when a public announcement is made, the sound on the suite TV is shut off, but you have to go to the Passageway to hear what is being said. There needs to be a way in which a passenger can select to hear all announcements in the room, or to hear only the emergency announcement. Or if this is not possible, quit shutting the sound off on the TV.

3. Need more information on Ports of Call and Excursions. Find the greatly lacking

4. Cruise Lines of out of the Country Shops have Duty Free Stores. There is a dollar amount limit on Duty Free Items before you have to pay. There are also limits on Duty Free Alcohol, amount of Cigarettes, and Cigars that a person is allowed to bring back. The ships tend to push sales on Alcohol and Cigarettes and other Duty Free Items, but NEVER tell you what the limits are until the day before you return. Then you are given instructions on the filling out the Customs Declaration along what the limits are. You can draw your own conclusions as to why they do that.

And that's it for now. My satisfaction with carnival cruise line is such that I put down a deposit for our next cruise, yet to be determined.

Steve

Publication Date: 12/01/10
Read the Bahamas ports review by shworden
More Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews