Azura Cruise Review by sheila

Cruise Date: November 2010
Embarkation: Bridgetown
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Number: d118
See More About: Azura Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Azura Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Azura Deck Plans
Manners please? What did we do to deserve that treatment?
well what can I say. A beautiful ship. so big. We had a the greatest meal in Sindhu a must if you go on this ship. Brodie's English pub a must. we went in that much the staff got to know us.

Manhattans and Malabar the two show lounges. You have to get in early to get a seat. or standing room only and the night we went in so hot and on the single high seats so uncomfortable.

We were on first sitting for dinner and peninsula restaurant is a must. great lads peter and Avascus waiters and Austin the head waiter and Chris the martyrdom so great people .Chris went out of his way to help us one night.

Oasis spa package for the retreat, forget it. we bought the spa package and the day paying customers got the same deal as we did. People were queuing up before 8am for the sunbeds in the retreat. We went normally ofr breakfast and when we went in the retreat we were lucky to get a sunbed. one couple did not. This area is not organized and because we booked the package before we set off and paid for it,the talks in the ivory suite clashed with our treatments.

The talks on beauty just a selling point to get you to buy something that's very expensive. treatments expensive.

Although the staff in the retreat give a brilliant service. Mo communication with the package.

The retreat under the stars package what a joke. we were taken into a room and given a hand massage and glass of champagne that was it. no tour around the spa as said on the letter and definitely no stars. just room lights. big rip off.

We will not go on the Azura again as it was too big for us. and there were no special touches like we got on the Oriana 15years ago. po seem to be losing that side of things. making money on board for them has replaced it. all sell sell sell. The Atrium nothing special. did not get the wow factor like i did on the Oriana when I boarded. one lady said from the outside as you looked up it was like a block of flats.The captain not very sociable and we were ignored after saying good morning to an officer . found that when you rarely did see them they did not want to chat.

Sindhu meal and experience made our cruise, but in Seventeen we were treated disgustingly by the restaurant manager as soon as we walked in. His manner and verbal comments were very uncomfortable and unnecessary. spoilt our 40th wedding anniversary,and the last night of the cruise and my husband does not want to cruise with po again because of it. bad manners. At one point the manager asked me if I was tired, all because I left some food which was terrible, not cuisine food in seventeen, very over rated, just like we have at home, not presented as top cuisine food.

I politely said i was a little tired after his shocked remarks and he told me to go and walk round the decks? why we never will know as we had sat quietly all night holding hands and trying to celebrate our anniversary. he kept sending the staff to comment, particularly to me. why we do not know? as we never said anything impolite to anyone. strange experience.

I complained to the reception the next day and she never even took my name or cabin number. it had spoilt our holiday. just took our money and did not care about the customer. so be aware you do not get what you pay for. Also we found out that people got suites cheaper than we got our state room, which we booked a year early on the po cruise web site. so be careful and look around .like we will do in future. so wrong. and on being invited to a special captain cocktails we asked a young officer why we few were the elite, to be chosen, was it because we had spent the most money. she said yes. wow. what a shock to the system. one lady never even met the captain like she did on other cruises. She probable did not spend enough on board?

Publication Date: 12/01/10