Queen Victoria Cruise Review by nkavanau

Member Name: nkavanau
Cruise Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Western Mediterranean
See More About: Queen Victoria Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Queen Victoria Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Queen Victoria Deck Plans
First time on Cunnard... Loved it
After some of the negative comments I've read about Cunnard, I felt I had to add my voice to those that had positive experiences.

First thing I found was the boarding process was one of the fastest I have encountered. When we arrived at the terminal, it was virtually empty. Within 30 minutes we were on the Lido deck having a bite to eat.

The cabin was 5th deck mid (5113) and was a nice size with a protected balcony. They refer to it as an obstructed view, but there was not really any obstruction to speak of. Also lots of closet and drawer space. The bathroom was a good size with adequate counter space.

We had the 8:30 dinner seating in the Brittianna room, and the food was and service were both beyond reproach.

0ne of the comments was about the cleanliness of the ship. I could not find any fault in that area, and compared to many ships I have been on, it was impeccable.

Overall the cruise and the staff exceeded my expectations. We have already started looking at the 2011 Caribbean cruises and 2012 into the Baltic.

Publication Date: 12/01/10