Ruby Princess Cruise Review by crazyaboutcruising119: Wonderful time

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful time

Sail Date: November 2010

Pre-Hotel

Hampton Inn and Suites Airport.

We choose this as it offers free airport shuttle and cruise shuttle. It was organized well, we paid $120.00 a night (I booked this 3 months in advance, good thing the hotel was SOLD out)I would stay there again, shopping close by offered free continental breakfast, rooms were very clean and renovated.

Boarding the ship was easy and very organized, rooms were ready as soon as we boarded around 11:30 am. I was very happy with this. Ruby Princess is a beautiful ship, and were we very pleased with the up keep and cleanliness of the ship. Staff was amazing. Our room steward was fantastic (Riviera) he even straightened our shoes. I love the small details like that. I also love that Princess has the laundry rooms, the other cruise lines don't have this amenity.

BAD SOUR Notes.

Princess has made some changes since I last sailed with her. In order to gamble in the casino, you must use your cruise card. I More HATE this I forgot mine twice, not impressed with this change. Also you have to pay a $20.00 fee to use the spa pool ............again I HATE this. NOBODY was there on ship days, it sat empty, change it back.

Some nice surprises

I noticed that drink specials were offered in certain areas of the boat. LOVE it!!!!. Fish and Chips offered in wheelhouse on ship days.(great idea)

However the cruise was lovely, just wanted to share our experience, and yes I would cruise with Princess again or Royal Caribbean they are our favorites! Less

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Ruby Princess Interior Double Aloha Deck R257

Riveria Deck Cabin R-257 Shower too small Other than that it was perfect!!!!!

Grand Turk YUCK.........this was such a disappointment. Nothing more than a cruise line tourist trap. All the cruise-lines obviously got together bought the land, made the shops, made Margarita-ville....Blah Blah Blah. ALL I can say never again. Beach had garbage in it. Honestly I have nothing positive to say. Don't waste your money on a cab into town. THERE is NO town. Just a 6 small out-house size shops with crap in them. I can not comment on any excursions as we did not book any, maybe if we had, we would have felt differently about them. Shops are very overpriced. Just stay on the BOAT!

St Maarten: We choose to book our own tour with Bernard tours.(it was recommended on cruise critic) We enjoyed this tours,went to Maho Beach (planes fly over) Orient Beach I was disappointed with cost of meals on the beach, very expensive, bathrooms were disgusting (bring hand sanitizer) I felt like it was a bit of a tourist trap, don't need to ever return. But the island itself it beautiful and the tour guide was fantastic. Shopping on the French side I would pass on that if I ever returned. Overall a very enjoyable day

St Thomas We choose the boat's excursion. Magen's Beach, Blackbeard Castle, specific scenery stops. We felt like the tour was a bit rushed, but St Thomas is a busy place with all the cruise boats. Too many people. But we did get fantastic photos. Magen' Bay was our highlight of the entire cruise. PARADISE beautiful swimming, for kids and families, quiet, nobody hast-ling you, just a wonderful clean beach. Blackbeard Castle walking tour, we also found this informative and a pleasure.

Read 2332 St. Thomas Reviews