Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by ttanman

Norwegian Pearl
Member Name: ttanman
Cruise Date: November 2010
Cabin Category: IF
See More About: Norwegian Pearl Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

Awesome vacation, awesome,value!!
This was our 7th cruise, our 4th with NCL and we enjoyed every minute! I am sure there were times when we ran into someone who was having a bad day, or an item of food not well prepared but, for the most part I thought that NCL did a wonderful job of providing a great vacation, at a more than reasonable price!

The ship is not, "over the top" by any means but is beautiful and extremely well kept. Public spaces were always nice and clean and I did not see any signs of aging or wear and tear, everything looked new.

Our cabin, " inside on deck 4" was adequate, although I will not ever get a cabin on the deck that passengers disembark at port, ever again. Try getting to your cabin with 2000 people in the halls trying to get off the ship! Enough said!

The pools, and hot tubs were nice, temperature perfect, and the water slide a nice touch!

We did not eat at any of the "specialty" restaurants on board but enjoyed for the most part every meal that we had on board. The music in the "Summer Palace" main dining room was a little loud and frankly obnoxious, both times we tried it but, our meal otherwise was enjoyable! We found the "Indigo" a better dining experience!

As is our tradition, we always have breakfast on the back of the ship, and the "Great Outdoors" was everything we expected!

The "Garden Cafe" The main buffet on board was better than average I thought, and the Ice cream stand was great!

We did purchase the soda option, $50 ea at the beginning of the cruise, it is a great value for us as we drink a lot of club soda and lime, and not a lot of alcoholic beverages.

We did notice however that some of the bar staff would not come around once they figured out that you had a soda card, however there was one bar staffer who stood out above the rest! ADE IRAWAN, in my opinion, the hardest working bar staffer on the ship! He worked hard for us, and we tipped him accordingly!

Overall, this cruise was a great value, I don't think that I could have spent my vacation dollars and received more value than this NCL cruise on the Pearl, THANKS NCL!

Publication Date: 11/29/10