Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by ttanman: Awesome vacation, awesome,value!!

ttanman
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Norwegian Pearl Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Awesome vacation, awesome,value!!

Sail Date: November 2010

This was our 7th cruise, our 4th with NCL and we enjoyed every minute! I am sure there were times when we ran into someone who was having a bad day, or an item of food not well prepared but, for the most part I thought that NCL did a wonderful job of providing a great vacation, at a more than reasonable price!

The ship is not, "over the top" by any means but is beautiful and extremely well kept. Public spaces were always nice and clean and I did not see any signs of aging or wear and tear, everything looked new.

Our cabin, " inside on deck 4" was adequate, although I will not ever get a cabin on the deck that passengers disembark at port, ever again. Try getting to your cabin with 2000 people in the halls trying to get off the ship! Enough said!

The pools, and hot tubs were nice, temperature perfect, and the water slide a nice touch!

We did not eat at any of the "specialty" restaurants on board but enjoyed for the most part every meal that we had More on board. The music in the "Summer Palace" main dining room was a little loud and frankly obnoxious, both times we tried it but, our meal otherwise was enjoyable! We found the "Indigo" a better dining experience!

As is our tradition, we always have breakfast on the back of the ship, and the "Great Outdoors" was everything we expected!

The "Garden Cafe" The main buffet on board was better than average I thought, and the Ice cream stand was great!

We did purchase the soda option, $50 ea at the beginning of the cruise, it is a great value for us as we drink a lot of club soda and lime, and not a lot of alcoholic beverages.

We did notice however that some of the bar staff would not come around once they figured out that you had a soda card, however there was one bar staffer who stood out above the rest! ADE IRAWAN, in my opinion, the hardest working bar staffer on the ship! He worked hard for us, and we tipped him accordingly!

Overall, this cruise was a great value, I don't think that I could have spent my vacation dollars and received more value than this NCL cruise on the Pearl, THANKS NCL! Less

Read more Norwegian Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Pearl Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Pearl

We went by taxi to the "CORAL WORLD OCEAN PARK" and then next door to "Coki Beach" to snorkel and enjoy the sun and sand. A wonderful day!

Cost; $9 ea way per person for the taxi, and $19 ea for entrance to the Park! $3 for a locker at the park.

A nice shore trip, on your own, at your leasure, for about $40 per person!

Note: We did bring our own snorkel equipment but, it is available to rent at the beach for about $15, The snorkeling was excelent along the rocks towards the Ocean Park!

Read 2322 St. Thomas Reviews

At Tortola we booked a shore excursion on line with "Tortola Charters". A wonderful catamaran sail to "Jost van Dyke" a beautiful beach, with a great little bar, the "Soggy Dollar" a popular destination day sail for tourist and locals alike. Maybe the most beautiful beach that I have ever seen.

From the ship, a 5 minute walk to the marina, and about a one and a half hour sail to the island of Jost van Dyke, a couple of hours at the beach and then an hour and a half sail back to the ship, a long sail, for a short day in port!

All's well that ends well, or so they say, but I have to say that I think we came dangerously close to missing the ship, as we did not get back to the ship until after 2:30 for a 3:00 sailing! That is way too close a call for me!

Any failure, or unforeseen delay of any kind could have had a disastrous outcome had we missed the ship!.........Enough said

Cost: $55 per person, paid in cash, on the dock.

Read 501 Tortola Reviews