“Wonderful Cruise on the Triumph to Eastern Caribbean”
Cruise review of Carnival Triumph

zenful6219 Carnival Triumph 4 Wonderful Cruise on the Triumph to Eastern Caribbean
zenful6219
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Overall, the trip was very pleasant. My review will focus on some of the areas in which I believe Carnival could improve. First, there were what seemed to me to be an unusually high number of people utilizing electric scooters or wheelchairs to get around. As we all know, space on most cruise ships is tight. I'd suggest Carnival take additional steps to make sure guests using electric scooters and wheelchairs receive extra assistance from employees so that other guests are not unduly inconvenienced.

Another area that Carnival could improve has to do with their procurement procedure for the different bars. On three occasions at the Lobby Deck bar (after 6 PM), they had run out of half-n-half and could not get a resupply. When I first asked a bartender about sending for some more, she told me that their procurement system only allowed for a once-a-day supply. At first, I thought she was lying to me, but two other bartenders from different bars confirmed the same procedure. I'd recommend Carnival change their process to allow for more frequent replenishment of supplies. For me, I had to go up to Lido for my White Russians and then back down to the Lobby Bar where my partner preferred to sit.

Finally, my last critique has to do with an excursion we took from Freeport. What was supposed to be just a simple bus ride to Port Lucaya turned into a 30-45 minute tour of a modest residential neighborhood and a 30-minute stop at a flea market consisting of 8-10 stalls, out of which vendors were selling fruits and vegetables. As we all know, we are not allowed to bring fruits and vegetables back on board the ship, so the stop was a little "odd" to say the least. The tour was sad and pathetic....."To my right is a 3 bedroom/2 bath house selling for $90,000....don't mind the barbed wire along the back yard....crime rate is 3%.....and over here is small castle owned by our local fast-food tycoon." It was all rather pathetic. To make the excursion even better, the bus driver was a deacon in the local baptist church (???) and, for a while at least, the ride seemed more like a tent revival. Not my kind of thing and certainly not something Carnival should be promoting as an official Carnival excursion.

As I said above, the overall cruise was great and will sail again on Triumph as soon as possible. I could have rehashed all the wonderful things people have already said about the Triumph and Carnival, but I wanted instead to try and give prospective cruisers some heads up on three areas in which I believe Carnival should improve.

Carnival Triumph Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Triumph Review
Carnival Triumph Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?