Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by hydro1570

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by hydro1570
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: hydro1570
Cruise Date: November 2010
Cabin Category: K
See More About: Liberty of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
        3-6 4.0
        10-12 4.0

Liberty of the Seas 11-14-2010
Embarkation:

Okay so to start with embarkation was a little stressful..

It was going smoothly until we had to stand in a line for an hour & a half due to some confusion. I heard there was a wedding onboard the day we were boarding & there was (visitors) getting on and off. We arrived at the port around 12 and probably didn't get on until 2:30'ish

I ended up getting really sick the first few days of our cruise with fever & all....so my first few days were rough. Though we still had an AWESOME trip!

Food:

We chose the my time dining which worked pretty well for us. We skipped dinner in the main dining room I believe 2 or 3 days out of the week & just ate at the Windjammer. Food in main dining room was decent. Nothing to really brag about at all....steaks at Longhorn Steakhouse are better :0) Same for Windjammer..food was okay. Some days better than others. All in all I was happy with the food just not very impressed like some say. Some of the deserts were great though. Are waitress in dining room was great! Hubby & son ordered double lobster on day 5...she would bring special snacks for my 5 yr old while waiting for dinner...and even extra deserts for the kids if they wanted more.

Activities:

Activities on the ship were great! A little disappointed that my 5 yr old couldn't rock climb though....you have to be 6 yrs old for that. She also couldn't do flowrider not that she would have wanted to though. Ice skating she was allowed to do as long as she was with an adult. My older 12 yr old daughter tried going ice skating with my son one night and they wouldn't let her...the age is 13 & up to skate without an adult. Ice skates killed my feet & I couldn't last out there for more than 10 minutes. Also there was an accident the one session we went skating for. A teenage girl fell & busted her mouth open bad...she needed stitches. She was yelling help while lying on he ice & it took the crew a little while to help & when they got her they seemed a little confused as to what to do with her....A little disappointed to see that! So be careful on the ice or with your kids out there skating alone.

There was so much to do on the ship that we really had to pick & choose... I was a little nervous about letting my older children ages 12 & 14 roam the ship with the camp kids they met, but they had a BLAST! I never had an issue at all just told them to stick together. We didn't even use WALKIE TALKIES. they checked in every once & a while and if they couldn't find us they left post it notes in cabin.

Adventure Ocean:

The kids programs are great! my little one was iffy about going to first coulple of days, but once she did she wanted to go over & over again. They had a pirate parade that she attended which was really cute...also one night they took the kids to eat at johnny rockets like a little field trip..haha All in all very nice to give mommy & daddy some time alone...especially when the little ones enjoy it.

Cabins:

We had 2 connecting interior cabins which I am so happy I booked. I was going to change to a family promenade & I am so happy I didn't. We had 2 bathrooms which was needed & plenty of space. The rooms were very nice & clean...impressed! Also a few nights it gets really loud down on the promenade so I wouldn't have been a happy camper having that music wake the kids up late at night.

Ports:

Ports we visited were San Juan, St. Marten, & Labadee.... favorite Labadee! I wish I would have known they bring the camp to the beach there because I would have scheduled an excursion that day..like the zip line. It's hard with my kids ages because little one couldn't do any of the excursions and my older ones could. We did do the aqua park because that was the only thing she could participate in with us...it was fun! the slide towards the back was great! Starfish were all over the beach near the aqua park..kids loved holding & looking at them. Very rocky beaches in Labadee btw. In St. Marten we did a private tour with Bernards Tours. It wa snice & we were able to see a lot & visit 2 beaches including Maho Beach which I loved watching the planes. In San juan my little ones wanted to stay with camp onboard which I thought I would never do, but we did. I knew she would have complained walking in the hot sun anyways. They took the kids to bkfast & lunch and we were back onboard by 1pm.

Shows:

I enjoyed pretty much all of them although kids and hubby weren't impresses with them all. Some were def better than other...like the ice show. They had a fairy tail one featuring snow white & other characters. Go figure that's the show my little one fell asleep at. Make sure to see the late night shows...like the love & marriage show. Those are great! So funny...the comedians were good..

Cruise director Mike S. was the best!!!!!

I feel like making sure every cruise we go on in the future he is the cruise director for. He was a comedian himself!

I think I covered it all, but probably not...hope this helps a little.

Publication Date: 11/29/10