Star Princess Cruise Review by Jo: Pearl Cruise

Pearl Cruise

Sail Date: November 2010
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

We took this cruise because it was our Pearl wedding anniversary and we wanted a short get away to celebrate. Star Princess was perfect for us, we were able to get a table for 2 every evening in the Portofino restaurant with no trouble at all. With the exception of one evening the menu was excellent, the only poor menu was the "Chef's Menu" which was the worst menu we hae seen on any Princess ship, the usual regular alternative choices were not listed and since I had not had need to look at them previously I didn't know what they were and the waiters at our table didn't know either. I requested a small portion of a pasta dish as a starter because there were only 2 starters on the menu and I disliked both dishes, the waiter brought out a very large portion of gnocchi and when I said that I had requested pasta she replied that gnocchi was same thing (not in my opinion as I don't like gnocchi).

My only other problem with the food was that quite often I thought that it was over More salted but this maybe because I don't use salt at home so I notice it when it is present in food.

With the exception of the one female waiter who thinks that gnocchi is pasta the restaurant staff were wonderful and our cabin steward was second to none. Less

Read more Star Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Star Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Star Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Baja Deck

Wonderful, we used the local hop-on hop-off tour from Pireus to see the sites of Athens, far cheaper than Princess tours and we were able to see everything that we wanted to see.

boring

Read 269 Corfu Reviews

Lovely port with lots to see, the walls are a must for a walk around.

The ruins at olympia were closed due the Greek elections so we were stuck in a very samll port with very little to do.

Avoid at all costs, there is so much hassle from locals trying desperately to sell fake designer goods that after a while you begin to feel threatened.
Read 361 Kusadasi Reviews

Pretty village but the walk from the cruise terminal is a little dangerous with the traffic on the road. The locals don't seem to clean up after their dogs so you need to be vigilant about where you step.

Read 378 Mykonos Reviews

Beautiful old town with lots to see.Very easy to walk around.

Read 185 Rhodes Reviews

Beautiful little town but there can be long queues to get onto the cable cars and donkeys to go from the port up the cliff to the town.