“Pearl Cruise”

Jo
Member Since 2000
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We took this cruise because it was our Pearl wedding anniversary and we wanted a short get away to celebrate. Star Princess was perfect for us, we were able to get a table for 2 every evening in the Portofino restaurant with no trouble at all. With the exception of one evening the menu was excellent, the only poor menu was the "Chef's Menu" which was the worst menu we hae seen on any Princess ship, the usual regular alternative choices were not listed and since I had not had need to look at them previously I didn't know what they were and the waiters at our table didn't know either. I requested a small portion of a pasta dish as a starter because there were only 2 starters on the menu and I disliked both dishes, the waiter brought out a very large portion of gnocchi and when I said that I had requested pasta she replied that gnocchi was same thing (not in my opinion as I don't like gnocchi).

My only other problem with the food was that quite often I thought that it was over salted but this maybe because I don't use salt at home so I notice it when it is present in food.

With the exception of the one female waiter who thinks that gnocchi is pasta the restaurant staff were wonderful and our cabin steward was second to none.

Star Princess Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

Wonderful, we used the local hop-on hop-off tour from Pireus to see the sites of Athens, far cheaper than Princess tours and we were able to see everything that we wanted to see.

Port
Avoid at all costs, there is so much hassle from locals trying desperately to sell fake designer goods that after a while you begin to feel threatened.
Read 576 Kusadasi Reviews
Port
Pretty village but the walk from the cruise terminal is a little dangerous with the traffic on the road. The locals don't seem to clean up after their dogs so you need to be vigilant about where you step.

Read 691 Mykonos Reviews
Port
Beautiful little town but there can be long queues to get onto the cable cars and donkeys to go from the port up the cliff to the town.
Published 11/29/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Star Princess Review
Star Princess Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?