Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by tygar: Enchantment of the Seas wasn't so enchanting

tygar
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

Enchantment of the Seas wasn't so enchanting

Sail Date: October 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

To start the disappointing cruise, I had called RC to find out about taking my dive knife on board. The agent, who also talked to his superior, said no I couldn't take my dive knife but could take a knife with less than a 4" blade.

I took a 3 1/2 & a small pocket knife. Security took both knives even though I had the name of the RC agent. (they did return them at end of voyage)

The ship: is dated, carpet in rooms, elevators, hallways etc is old, worn etc.

The cabin was by far the smallest, least comfortable & with the least conveniences of any cabin I have been in. The bed sucked, even after getting 2 egg crates it was still uncomfortable. The TV was a very old 13" with bad sound & picture. No refer, bathroom was small & the shower was so small your shoulder hit the curtain & water went all over whenever you showered. One small uncomfortable chair & table. everything was worn & dated.

Ive been on the Freedom of the Seas, More Carib Princes & all the above problems with this ship were not a problem on them. Everything was in fact, excellent.

Now the food: The buffet was "a buffet" about what you would get at the "Golden Corral" barfer. The meat (all) was tough & tastless.

There were really lousy deserts & almost never anything chocolate except some cookies.

Now for the main dining room. They tried to be to "fancy". What they would wind up being, is yucky. Weird sauces on food, not very good food in general & the meat was horrible! (except for the lamb)

I had the prime rib, rib steak & something else, all were what we used to call "canner" grade! All steak that is "choice" or better "must" have good marbling. There meat had "none" & was tough & tasteless.

We went to the "steakhouse" & again I ordered prime rib (dumb me) & again it was tasteless with no marbling. My wife had the lamb & it, like the lamb in the main dining room, was good.

Also, on "lobster" night the lobster was good. But unlike other cruises, you couldn't even order lobster, not even in the "steakhouse".

The deserts were without exception, terrible. Again trying to be fancy & making yuk. ANDDDD. NEVER any chocolate candy or deserts, except some junk with fruit sauce on it.

"Keep it simple, stupid!"

Now the good stuff! Our waiter "Hans" (Sakhoo Hansraj) & Head Waiter Leonel Mota were absolutely the best, even compared to a top flight american restaurant. They absolutely did there best for everyone & when they saw I wasn't eating the food they tried everything, including trying to get me to order something else. (I only did that once, since I don't eat a whole bunch, when they had the lamb, which again, was excellent. They would always talk with us, were friendly to a fault, cannot express just how superior they were!

Also of note was a Guest services officer; Jose Acuna. He went out of his way to help, with the food, info, tours etc. Butttt....the other guest services people were "not" helpful.

Our room steward was also excellent. Always ready to clean the room or do anything he could & was always friendly, talkative, helpful. Mislaid his name but I will be complimenting him & the above when I write RC about my dissatisfaction with this cruise.

Hope my Carnival cruise out of San Juan on the 5th of Dec is better. lol Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 2

Small, worn carpet, "old" 13" TV with poor sound & picture. Small bath with curtain that was so small that your shoulder pushed the curtain so water ran out on bathroom floor. One small chair & small table, no sofa or any where to sit besides the bed. Really poor.