Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Prada Cowboy: The Diva was surprisingly EPIC!

Prada Cowboy
Member Since 2008
1,487 Posts

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

The Diva was surprisingly EPIC!

Sail Date: October 2010

I was booked on the NCL EPIC on her 9th of October 2010 sailing to the Easter Caribbean.

Honestly after 3 not so good sailings on NCL I was not very tempted to cruise ever NCL again, also a ship that size scared me!

Embarkation: We arrived at the pier around 11:30 and went straight to the Platinum/Gold Latitudes check in. It took only minutes to register the Credit card and the check-in lady was very nice what I can not say about the rest of the staff working in that terminal. We were treated like cattle! Upstairs is the lounge where thousands of people were waiting and it was a disaster. Once on the ship it was easy to get around!

Cabin: I was worried about the 'New Wave' staterooms, but I was pleasantly surprised! I was booked in a Deluxe Balcony/Mini Suite on Deck 13 and absolutely LOVED it! I had enough plush towels, Toiletries stocked by Frances Denny's NCL Spa Collection (shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, eye cream, lip balm, day cream) which I More used to have in the Garden Villa. The shower was huge and I could have had a shower party for around 5 people in it:)! The bed was very comfy and the sheets so soft. Ample storage for myself and one week. A excellent Stateroom Attendant! This was also the biggest balcony I ever have seen on standard staterooms!

Service: I have to say it was EXCELLENT wherever I have went! Never anything was too much, all requests been taken care off in no time with a big genuine smile! The only negative persons were the 2 Concierges who had no idea what they were doing and answered just the 2 questions I had very snappy and unfriendly! The EPIC should have a EPIC Concierge!

Food: I have tried all the "Specialty" Restaurants...just AMAZING! Service, presentation, verity, quality and taste were fantastic! My 'favorite' was the Brazilian Steakhouse (be very hungry when you go there, LOTS of food) and my old time favorite, Le Bistro! Can not say anything about the Main Restaurants, but went 2 times to the Sports Bar and had some comfi food which was just ok! The Buffet was really good, too!

Bar: I have visited 'I hope' most of the bars...LOL! Excellent drinks, especially the Martinis! Bliss was fun at Night Time with dancing into the wee hours with the turn tables spun by a celebrity DJ! Service again everywhere so friendly and I had never a feeling of them being pushy with drinks, but then I did order a lot, too!

Pool: SWEET BABY JESUS! Who has designed for so many people those pools...can be only petite french! On sea days it looked like a ZOO down there! The best invest I did on that cruise is to buy a week pass for the POSH Beach Club and tan in style without screaming kids on very comfy padded loungers with EXCELLENT Bar Service and snacks served by the EPIC CLUB Restaurant.

SPA: I did buy the Spa Package, but went only 3 times since the Spa Pool was overchlorinated and made my eyes burn badly!

Islands: I have not left the ship in St. Martin or St. Thomas, rather tanned in peace at the Posh, in Nassau I made it to the pier and it started raining!

Entertainment: It was good! The only thing I did really enjoy was the Piano Duel, the rest was not too much too my taste, but professionally done!

Ship Layout: I thought the layout was really good and everything was very easy to find!

Debarkation: Very Easy! I was from my stateroom to the pier and out in my Limo in less then 20 Minutes!

Would I cruise the NCL EPIC again! In a heart beat!!! I can not thank the officers and the crew of the EPIC enough for making this to by far one of my favorite cruises!

King Marcus Less