We had a great cruise but will never cruise on this ship again!! The staff and service were terrific, but the cleanliness and maintenance is seriously lacking! This ship is only 10 years old and shouldn't be in the condition it is in if it were maintained properly.
Almost every person we talked to on the ship complained about how run down it was. We were on Deck 7 and for at least half of the cruise, they had the walls opened up in our hallway and pipes running across from one side to the other and the hallway reeked of sewage! We were told by people on the 8th deck that they also had the sewage smell and heard from several people that they had brown water coming out of their taps!
- There was a band aid on the wall in the spa hot tub for more than 4 days!
- furniture in many of the staterooms was stained!
- tiles and other things broken in public washrooms
- many of the elevators were missing buttons
- at least half of the auto open handicap buttons in the public washrooms didn't work.
- the huge sculpture in the atrium was covered with dust (you could even see it in all the portraits taken in front of it)
We approached the pursers desk and asked to lodge a formal complaint about the sewage smell and issues in our hallway. They said if we had mentioned it earlier, they could have moved us. I asked what about all the other people in that same hall that had to walk through it as well every day, were they going to move everyone? Their answer was "only those who complained"!
We have cruised only with Royal Caribbean for the past several years, because we thought they were the best in our price point. We are seeing a lot of cutbacks though and are now looking to other cruise lines for future cruises!