“Glory was glorious”

wannabeavip
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
One thing - beware of Cabin 6375 if you want to watch a show on prime time tv. Between 9 pm and midnight we could hear the band playing in the casino below us. Odd that it was very loud in our room but muffled in the hallway. Considering I wanted to be near the casino and that I picked this cabin - oh well. We had friends in 6404 and they could hear it too. We just turned up the tv, watched our show, and then left.

Can you believe this is my only complaint! Everything else was just fabulous. Our cabin steward was top notch. Staff was so friendly wherever we went. Our waiter went out of his way to serve us. We went to the steakhouse one evening and it was well worth it. I won over $350 in the casino (hint - only on the quarter machines) and spent it all back on the pennies. But it was fun and a great vacation.

So what if the weather did not cooperate - I am from NY so any weather was better. I was traveling with a group of 14 and some of us caught a cold because we got drenched by the rain in San Juan and then spotted the air conditioned casino (and went in) for about an hour. Such is life.

Carnival Glory Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8D6375
6th floor near the rear casino elevators - can hear music from the casino between 9 and midnight in the room - loud! We thought it was our neighbors! Otherwise a great cabin and convenient to everything. Perfect and plenty of room for two people.

Port
The beach is the draw here. Shopping is very expensive - t shirts running $12-$20 and no bartering - quite a chance from the "3 for $10" at the other ports. Magnets were $5 whereas they were 5 for $5 at the other ports. Most people were relaxing on the beach but I think they had to rent the chairs.

Read 1,364 Grand Turk Reviews
Port
Good shopping - great variety - nice prices. Never have I seen so much Coach, Gucci, and Juicy outside of glass cases - had to be knockoffs. We took a tour of Historic Sites and saw quite a bit of the city. Our tour guide, Major, was sarcastic but he did not ruin our good time.

Read 4,124 Nassau Reviews
Port
DO not seem to like Americans - shopping was almost a mile walk - cracked up sidewalks and narrow streets - mostly restaurants for the first "mile" - I noticed that the majority of the posted menus were in Spanish. Found the casino and won a little bit there so I was happy. When we got back to the terminal we found rum for $1.50 a bottle - what a find!

We collect the Diamond International charms from all of the ports and were disappointed that there is no Diamond International and one jeweler wanted $15 for a charm.

Read 2,276 San Juan Reviews
Port
Tour was cancelled due to weather but we did not mind. Shopping was great - we only covered about 10% of the stores and were tired. Found the best drugstore in the "mall" on the port - I needed a pumice stone for a callous on my toe and they had one! Cigarettes were 5 cartons for $100 and since we were in a US possession, we could take 5 cartons back. DId not plan for that expense - next time I will know better.

Read 3,413 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 11/29/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Glory Review
Carnival Glory Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?