Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by buddyholly: Virgin Cruiser

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Virgin Cruiser

Sail Date: November 2010
Embarkation: Galveston

My wife, 22 year old daughter and I just got back from our first cruise. Plan ahead. Read the reviews. I did my homework and brought the things we needed i.e. power strip, water, etc. Plenty of things to do on ship. We don't drink, smoke or gamble so costs were less them many of our fellow shipmates. We got away from work and cell phones. That was the plan.

The crew took good care of us. The shows were very risque-Las Vegas style.Lots of butt cheek on the dancers.Our fellow shipmates were friendly. Be friendly say hi.

Our cabin was on spa deck 11(very quiet).

ADVICE:

Plan your days with the daily program guide. If you read your program completely you will get the most out of ship.

There are many dining options. Explore them all. Stay away from Mexican. Cozumel has the good restaurants for Mexican.

Arrive late 2:30 and avoid lines when embarking. Use the night porter on Saturday to take bags down at end of cruise. More

Don't listen to complainers. Every tour has its killjoys.

Sun deck is less crowded for tanning.

We got good family pictures suitable for framing.

Buy the 250 minutes of Internet time -you will use it.

Bring a small laptop computer.

Rent a tuxedo- dress up. Its fun. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Balcony Panorama

Spa deck very quiet. Good for light sleepers. I brought a radio with a white noise maker for background.

Mayan Ruins of Tallum -tour fast and furious across the bay great history tour. Took a ferry-very rough water. Many got sea sick. Was worth the trip.

Read 3089 Cozumel Reviews

Went snorkeling and sting ray feeding. AOK

Croydon Plantation- awesome scenery, informative, good local meal provided, jerk chicken, fresh pineapple and juice. Best I ever had. The bus ride was nerve racking- narrow winding mountain roads. Driver was good. Security was provided. Saw lots of poverty. Be ready for that aspect.