Norwegian Pearl 3

“The only cruise that I actually LOST weight!!!”
Cruise review of Norwegian Pearl

traveler58
Member Since 2010

Overall Member Rating

This was my fourth cruise with NCL and I had always been impressed with the ships, food and personnel. This cruise on the Pearl was totally different from any other. The food at the buffet was very uninteresting, the dining rooms had the same selections every night,(and I never found the handicapped entrance to one dining room). Even the Blue Lagoon changed their menu. We could always count on having something we liked there, but not on this ship.

NCL could not even get my promised on-board credit right. They credited my OBC but the also CHARGED my credit card the same amount. They acted as if they didn't understand what I was talking about!

I will say that the stateroom was sufficient, larger than any other mini-suite that we've had and the cabin stewards kept everything in order. However the stateroom and even the entire ship was rather non-descript. There was no room decor, not even a single picture or painting on the wall. There was a flat screen TV but it was More tiny. There were two movie channels (same movies over and over) no NBC, CBS or ABC. Most of the channels were about the ship.

As a Latitudes member, I have always found a lapel pin of the ship waiting in my stateroom, but this time I had to go to customer service and humbly ask if I could have one. Little things go a long way with me. I like to feel that they appreciate my business when I've spent that much for a vacation.

I really hope NCL is not going in this direction on all of their ships. Very disappointing. Less

Norwegian Pearl Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: November 2010
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Aft-Facing Mini-Suite with Balcony

M111150
Plenty of closet and drawer space. Plenty of room to park my electric scooter in the room. I liked the location.

Published 11/28/10

1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Pearl Review

Norwegian Pearl Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?