Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by tgbussiere

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by tgbussiere
Caribbean Princess
Caribbean Princess
Member Name: tgbussiere
Cruise Date: November 2010
Embarkation: San Juan
Cabin Category: AE
Cabin Number: d632
See More About: Caribbean Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Caribbean Princess 11/14-11/21
It was a good cruise.

Embarkation:

We arrived via Princess transfer and I believe we were onboard by 12ish. The embarkation process was easy.

Common Areas:

The common areas were fine. The cushions on the poolside chairs were showing some wear.

Food:

We aren't the dress up types so we ate every meal in the buffet since we could wear shorts. I thought the food was okay. Breakfast was not impressive at all. The lunch / dinner selections were good. I felt the food was a bit bland and could have used some spices. There is a pizza bar by the pool, which was good. There is also a hotdog/hamburger grill by the pool - the dogs were really good. On the last night we did eat at the Crown. It was good, though my ribeye was overcooked. I probably would have enjoyed the Crown more at the beginning of the cruise - by the last night I was tired of eating.

Entertainment:

The production shows were a bit over the top for me. There must have been 12 dancers to the 4 singers. I kept wanting them to end. But others seemed to enjoy them. The 2 comedians were funny. The hypnotist was boring. Some of the theme nights seemed very junior high. The cruise director was hilarious. He should have his own show. The poolside music was good. The Movies Under the Stars was really enjoyable. We took in the 10pm shows. Very nice to sit outside in the warm air and watch a good movie. We did that twice. I wish we would have done that a lot sooner.

Room:

We had a mini-suite. I was very satisfied with it. It was my first time with a balcony. In the bath/dressing area there was a large open closet and a closed closet with lots of shelving and safe. In the room itself the bed was fine with ample room around the side. There was additional storage in the nightstands (2 drawers plus a cubby) and in the desk area (6 drawers total). The TV area had a nice area to lay your stuff down and 2 large shelves underneath. The couch was large enough for a tall person to lie down on. The bathroom had a tub but could have used some updating. The balcony was large with 2 reclining chairs and 2 stationary chairs and a small table. The balcony was open - in that everyone above you could see you so there was a lack of privacy. The balcony stuck out beyond the balconies on the floors above.

Excursions:

My other half thinks he's getting ripped off by booking thru the cruiseline. I feel differently. I like having a plan. Needless to say we did not book anything. We walked off of the ship to see if we could find something to do. It was way too stressful for me since you have all of these people wanting your business.

Publication Date: 11/28/10