Majesty of the Seas 3

ruthjohn93
Member Since 2010
3 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

My husband and I went on a chartered cruise Nov.8-12th. This was my husbands 1st cruise and my 2nd. I have sailed on Carnival's ship Fascination. For my review I thought I would compare the two ships and cruise lines.

The size of the two ships are very similar. I thought the layout of the Majesty of the Seas was easier to navigate. I got lost all the time on Fascination. Our room on the Majesty was much smaller than Carnival's, but it was adequate for our needs.

The biggest difference for me was the food. I really enjoyed the food on Fascination. I thought the buffet was excellent and the dining room had great selections. I was suprised by the food on Majesty. It was very average in taste. The buffet was not nearly as good as Carnivals. Carnival offered a lot of different selections and I enjoyed their burgers and fries. Their pizza tasted fresh and homemade. The Pizza on Majesty tasted more like frozen pizza. We saw them bring out a bunch of pre-made cold pizzas More one morning as they were preparing to open up later. In the dining room we did enjoy the prime rib, but everything else just wasn't that good. It was a real dissapointment. We ended up paying $5 more each to eat at Johnny Rockets and loved it. Their burgers and fries are great!

The entertainment on board was provided by the cruise company we booked with so I can't review RCI's entertainment.

CocoCay was a lot of fun. We snorkled and enjoyed the "sunken" areas they had to explore. After snorkeling we wanted to get away from the crowds, so we walked to bare foot beach. It was beautiful and quiet. We had a small shark swim up to us which was pretty exciting! There was a sand bar about 150 yards from shore that people were walking on. So there is lots of ways to explore at that beach. We relaxed on lounge chairs under some palm trees until it was time to leave.

Overall we enjoyed our cruise, but great food is a big draw on a cruise and the Majesty just doesn't have it. I don't think I will be sailing with RCI again. Less

Majesty of the Seas Cruises to the Bahamas

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior Stateroom

K6021K
Room 6021K - Very small, but adequate.

Clean, lots of shopping. We walked 14 blocks to see the southern most point of the US.

Read 1088 Key West Reviews

Did not enjoy walking around town. It was very dirty and the locals were not friendly. We did an excursion to Atlantis that included a tour of "The Dig". It was fun and we enjoyed all the sea creatures.

Read 4025 Nassau Reviews

Published 11/28/10

Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review

Majesty of the Seas Cruises to the Bahamas

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?