Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by ruthjohn93

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by ruthjohn93
Majesty of the Seas
Cabin Category: K
Cabin Number: 6021K
Entertainment Not Rated

Fun but Average Cruise
My husband and I went on a chartered cruise Nov.8-12th. This was my husbands 1st cruise and my 2nd. I have sailed on Carnival's ship Fascination. For my review I thought I would compare the two ships and cruise lines.

The size of the two ships are very similar. I thought the layout of the Majesty of the Seas was easier to navigate. I got lost all the time on Fascination. Our room on the Majesty was much smaller than Carnival's, but it was adequate for our needs.

The biggest difference for me was the food. I really enjoyed the food on Fascination. I thought the buffet was excellent and the dining room had great selections. I was suprised by the food on Majesty. It was very average in taste. The buffet was not nearly as good as Carnivals. Carnival offered a lot of different selections and I enjoyed their burgers and fries. Their pizza tasted fresh and homemade. The Pizza on Majesty tasted more like frozen pizza. We saw them bring out a bunch of pre-made cold pizzas one morning as they were preparing to open up later. In the dining room we did enjoy the prime rib, but everything else just wasn't that good. It was a real dissapointment. We ended up paying $5 more each to eat at Johnny Rockets and loved it. Their burgers and fries are great!

The entertainment on board was provided by the cruise company we booked with so I can't review RCI's entertainment.

CocoCay was a lot of fun. We snorkled and enjoyed the "sunken" areas they had to explore. After snorkeling we wanted to get away from the crowds, so we walked to bare foot beach. It was beautiful and quiet. We had a small shark swim up to us which was pretty exciting! There was a sand bar about 150 yards from shore that people were walking on. So there is lots of ways to explore at that beach. We relaxed on lounge chairs under some palm trees until it was time to leave.

Overall we enjoyed our cruise, but great food is a big draw on a cruise and the Majesty just doesn't have it. I don't think I will be sailing with RCI again.

Publication Date: 11/28/10