Carnival Dream Cruise Review by convertiblegirl

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Dream Cruise Review by convertiblegirl
Carnival Dream
Carnival Dream
Member Name: convertiblegirl
Cruise Date: November 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 8E
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Embarkation Not Rated

Dream was all I expected and then some
My husband and I sailed on the Carnival Dream from November 13th thru November 20th. Every year we try and go on a cruise for our anniversary and so far so good we have been doing so. This year we decided to go on the Carnival Dream since it was brand new and we wanted something very nice.

Let's start with embarkation:

I have read quite a few reviews of how quickly this went. I don't know if it was because we were on a "full sailing" but it took about from start to finish an hour to get on-board. We arrived at Port Canaveral at 11:30 and didn't get on the ship until 12:30. They call you by zones to get on the ship as well as off the ship later on if you choose so. You sit in line with a bunch of people and everyone starting mooing like we were a bunch of cattle. lol. Though it is always what you make of the situation and my husband and I had fun right from the start.

1st day of sailing was quite rough. I myself don't get seasick but my husband can be prone to it and the first night was a little rough for him. I will say the ship was rockin and rollin for sure. People were side stepping everywhere. After the first night is was pretty smooth sailing. We had booked the aft balcony on Deck 9. Loved the room and the balcony. Plenty of closet space, fridge, safe and dryer. Two very nice robes that we used plenty of times to and from the jacuzzis!

As far as the shows I would definitely reccomend Dancin in the Streets was awesome and also seen Get Ready which was pretty good. Do check out the comedians they are really funny. The casino is pretty nice though your usual casino but I found it to be a little bigger than on other cruise ships.

We ate in the Scarlett Dining room every night early seating and every morning for breakfast. The food was always good and our wait staff Winnie and Luis were excellent. They were attentive and after the first night knew what we were drinking and were always right there on the money loved them and miss them already lol.

Ordered room service for a pot of coffee everyday and some toast and they were always right on time that I put on the slip. They were right on the ball with everything.

We also ate at the Chef Art's steakhouse. Definitely worth every extra dollar that you pay. My husband and I ate there on our anniversary night and it was exquisite and done up right. We both had the filet mignon and all I can say was it was out of this world. The staff there was also great.

Our room steward was Komin who also took very good care of us and any requests that we made he took care of right away.

Did hit the gathering on the Lido deck for some buffet food but mostly for lunch. Did have the deli sandwich's which the lines weren't too bad considering we were on a full sail. We moved along pretty well and you learn what times are the better times to eat and get right in there.

The infamous smell that everyone talks about is there once in a while and like everyone else says it doesn't ruin your time on the ship.

Make sure you go to the adults only Serenity where they have it all set up for adults with comfortable couch's, clam shell chairs for two and hammocks for two. Great place to just do nothing!

Went on the water slides and they are insane! Definitely not a kiddy ride lol. They whip you down that slide 90 mph I swear. You shoot out into the bowl like a bullet. Enough said.....

Spent time around the pool and enjoyed the usual craziness.

Disembarkation took quite some time though I must say. We decided to leave our luggage out and our zone was number 31. We got into port at 6 am and the self assist with there luggage starting disembarking. According to the "schedule" zone 31 was to disembark between 9:10 and 9:20. We didn't get off the ship until 10:30. But with all those people it really did go pretty good but a little long for my liking.

All in all it was a great fun time and would definitely cruise the dream again.

Publication Date: 11/28/10