MSC Musica Cruise Review by Paul

Cruise Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: South America & Antarctica
Cabin Category: 7
See More About: MSC Musica Cruise Reviews | South America & Antarctica Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Musica Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Musica Deck Plans
God.... Thank you for letting me come home.
Venice to Rio

Start: Booked hotel with MSC in Venice for the night before the cruse. Great hotel only it was a £40.00 return trip into Venice by taxi and we did not see much of the city as it was night time by the time the reception checked us in. Oh so slow... Would suggest you book your own flight and hotel to Venice as we paid £300 for this privilege and could have got closer and better standard of hotel and service.

Boarding: This took hours, a mass of people trying to get on it was a mess!

Cabin: Great clean and tidy no problems with it.

Ship: Great could not say anything bad about it. All you could want.

Food: Hit and miss. Breakfast in the cafeteria was a nightmare. Staff patrol the tea and coffee machines and are very rude, you can tell they hate the job and they have no idea what customer service is! But you could get room service at no extra price and this was great. So we did that every morning.

Lunch better if you wait till the 12 o'clock rush is over.

Dinner: Unless you want to pay for your food in other restaurants you have to dine in the main restaurant and this was ok. Themed night menu and also a plain menu should you not like what is on offer. You have to pay for water 1.80euro. No coffee on offer. Over all it was ok.

Service charge is 6 Euro per person per night. And every drink you buy has a 15% service charge. We asked to have the 6 euros each taken off our account as this would have been over £200.00 for the whole trip and to be honest the service was rubbish. You would not get away with the kind of treatment and service in the UK. I know.......I said the same when I read the reviews before I went but it was BAD...So bad it became a laugh. The accounts desk and the guys working there treat you like S..T and reception staff are ok but no one understands English fully.

Biggest thing was the fact they wanted everyone of the ship early on day of departure and this would have mean us being at the airport at 10am for a flight at 11.30pm so being in Rio and not seeing it. Nothing was provided and we had to gang together and arrange our own tour which cost us 100 Euro each.

Would I go again..? Yes if they went to somewhere I wanted to go to. It was a good price holiday and great destinations.

What would I do different? Book my own extra days in Venice and Rio as there is only small service charge to change you flights. I would take my own kettle for tea and coffee.

De-program myself of everything I have every learned from my parents or experiences at school or work on how to be polite. As this trip was full of Italians, French, German and Brazilians who are rude and have never grasped the concept of please and thank you. God I am glad to be home.

Publication Date: 11/27/10