Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by texasmarc34: No More Carnival

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Western Caribbean Cruises

No More Carnival

Sail Date: October 2010

This Cruise started off on a bad foot and never seemed to get better. We sailed on Oct,31. what was to be a great Halloween cruise ended up with issue after issue and carnival never seemed to recover.

We were told after we got to the port that the cruise was last on the in-bound arrival due to a "medical issue". It was mass confusion at the port and people we horded to different areas and banquet halls. It was total confusion and poor planning. We did not sailed until around 9pm and We lost the entire first day. It seemed as if we would put that all behind us and move on however things just seemed to go wrong.

On the second night on the cruise the main show was cancelled due to some type of technical issue so we decided to go to the comedy show, The guy was great however it was about 100 deg in the comedy club and never cooled down so we just left and called it a night.

The food was nothing to write home about, everything was kinda average however we did go to More the steak-house one night and I did enjoy that. I think that they are making the food quality poor in the dinning room so people will just go the speciality restaurants. This was the only Carnival Cruise ( out of 7) that i have seen the buffet lines closed during peak periods, they never had both sides open at the same time lines were long.

We had to cancel our call in ocho Rios due to the hurricane and he diverted to Cozumel. When i went to the excursion desk all the excursions were booked due to the short notice and just an example of poor planning.

I have been on 7 carnival Cruises and 4 of which have been in the last 24 months, my last cruise on Carnival Destiny missed a call in Key West due to a problem with the ships engines. It seems like issue after issue with Carnival now this week a fire on the Splendor. I think Carnival is cutting corners and cutting costs and it shows.

I wrote Carnival a letter and received a response fulled with cut and paste excuses. I would have thought that someone who has been on 7 Carnival ships would be worth saving, I guess not. I booked myself on NCL yesterday for a cruise next Halloween.

To Carnival : when you wonder where all your passengers went and why your ships are empty Just give me a call

Marc