Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by Kimidfw: Grandeur of the Seas was all that

Kimidfw
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Grandeur of the Seas Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Grandeur of the Seas was all that

Sail Date: November 2010
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

Background Information: Repositioning cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Panama

Ship Info: First time on this ship and it was outstanding. The ship itself is dated but the captain and crew make up for it.

Activities: We created our own activities within the Cruise Critic roll call and had tons of fun.

Service: Dining room service was phenomenal. My stateroom attendant was fine. Nothing above and beyond although I didn't require that.

Port & Shore Excursions: Cozumel I stayed on the ship and they were filming a TV commercial so that was entertaining. Costa Maya I went to the Maya Chan resort with several Cruise Critic members and we had a blast. I had a massage on the beach which was awesome especially for $45.00. Costa Rica went on a tour with Charlie Soto/Okey Dokey Tours. It was okay. We had a good time, did the banana plantation, Bonita Beach had a Costa Rican lunch. In Panama I took the My Friend Mario tour of the city and although that was More interesting I don't really think Mario is my friend.

Summary: Great cruise! It was dirt cheap and tons of fun. Great people on board and the crew was friendly and happy.

Travel To Port of Embarkation: Flawless.

Stateroom: First time for me in an inside cabin. It was okay. I'm used to a balcony but the only thing I really didn't like was not knowing if it was light out and what the weather was doing.

Dining: Dining room was very good, service excellent (Eko and Anthony). Awesome salad bar during lunches. Buffets were fine.

Entertainment: The two brothers from Argentina were hilarious. The singer with 1000 voices was a train wreck. The tango show at the end was good. Others thought it was outstanding.

Disembarkation: Piece of cake. Waited in line for Panama security to check bags with their canine unit. Laughed when a lady in line got busted for having a boatload of food in her knapsack.

Wish Royal would do this itinerary again. It was an absolute blast! Less

Read more Grandeur of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Grandeur of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Grandeur of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 2 3541

Inside cabin that has 2 berths in the ceiling. Apparently this room can accomodate up to 4 people but it would be very tight. I had it to myself and it was small, however the location is great because there are only cabins above and below so it was very quiet.

LOVE PANAMA! Didn't spend too much time in Colon but traveled over to the Gatun locks and to Panama City. An absolutely perfect piece of heaven.

Road to Maya Chan Beach Resort are horrible. If you have neck pain like I do you may be in worse shape when you get there. Once there you will be treated like kings and queens. The lunch is amazing!

Costa Rica is a beautiful country and 1 day is not enough time there. The people are so friendly.