Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by Kimidfw

Member Name: Kimidfw
Cruise Date: November 2010
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: M
See More About: Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Grandeur of the Seas was all that
Background Information: Repositioning cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Panama

Ship Info: First time on this ship and it was outstanding. The ship itself is dated but the captain and crew make up for it.

Activities: We created our own activities within the Cruise Critic roll call and had tons of fun.

Service: Dining room service was phenomenal. My stateroom attendant was fine. Nothing above and beyond although I didn't require that.

Port & Shore Excursions: Cozumel I stayed on the ship and they were filming a TV commercial so that was entertaining. Costa Maya I went to the Maya Chan resort with several Cruise Critic members and we had a blast. I had a massage on the beach which was awesome especially for $45.00. Costa Rica went on a tour with Charlie Soto/Okey Dokey Tours. It was okay. We had a good time, did the banana plantation, Bonita Beach had a Costa Rican lunch. In Panama I took the My Friend Mario tour of the city and although that was interesting I don't really think Mario is my friend.

Summary: Great cruise! It was dirt cheap and tons of fun. Great people on board and the crew was friendly and happy.

Travel To Port of Embarkation: Flawless.

Stateroom: First time for me in an inside cabin. It was okay. I'm used to a balcony but the only thing I really didn't like was not knowing if it was light out and what the weather was doing.

Dining: Dining room was very good, service excellent (Eko and Anthony). Awesome salad bar during lunches. Buffets were fine.

Entertainment: The two brothers from Argentina were hilarious. The singer with 1000 voices was a train wreck. The tango show at the end was good. Others thought it was outstanding.

Disembarkation: Piece of cake. Waited in line for Panama security to check bags with their canine unit. Laughed when a lady in line got busted for having a boatload of food in her knapsack.

Wish Royal would do this itinerary again. It was an absolute blast!

Publication Date: 11/19/10