“First timers not old timers”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas

Wigglesworth Independence of the Seas 5 First timers not old timers
Wigglesworth
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
There was 4 of us that travelled to Southampton for our first cruise,i am going to make my review short but to the point.When we arrived at the ship embarkment was quick and efficient which after travelling by car for nearly 5 hours it was much appreciated.Once on board we were directed to the windjammer cafe, which had a vast range of food for all palates. The cafe was spotless the staff were so helpful and the food was lovely.

We then went to our cabin which was spotless, the bed was very big and comfortable, there was facilities to make tea there was plenty of room to hang clothes and the bathroom was small but clean the attendant was constantly cleaning the room.

The promenade was amazing you would not beleive you were on a boat. The shops were well stocked and cigarettes were only 99p(what a bargain) There were cafes and a couple of bars on the promenade.

Entertainment on the boat was amazing we went to the shows every evening and every night was something different/ The ice skating show was also spectacular.

Evening meals at Romeo and Juliettes were very good and yet again the staff were polite and helpful,

The swimming pools and sunbathing area was nice and very relaxing.

I had an accident on board ice skating and broke my leg, i cannot praise the medical facility enough they were so efficient within an hour of breaking my leg i had seen a consultant on board had my leg xrayed and plastered (pity the nhs do not work as efficiently as this). I had to have injections every day and again i never had to wait.This accident was all tended to on board the ship.

Our first cruise was a very enjoyable experience. Would i go on the IOS again the answer is most definatley.

It was a perfect holiday, excellent entertainment, spotlessly clean, friendly staff, excellent value for money,and a fantastic experience.

Independence of the Seas Cruises to Transatlantic

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Independence of the Seas Review
Independence of the Seas Cruises to Transatlantic
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?